IT BUGS ME ........

huskysamson

HIYA EVERYONE,when i got my husky samson,i was told almost everything about him,he was a great dog then and still is,but the point the previous owner had to make stand out was that he cost him £800 when he got him as a puppy,now what i want to know is.why would anyone go and pay that sort of money for a dog that has no pedigree papers???? the same happened when i got my second husky xena,they told me little about her just what they expected from me,they actually told me the bad things about her lol, she jumps up,she likes to chew.shes wrecked my home basically.lol. so straight away i though yes ..il take her lol. then they told me she cost them £750 as a pup. again NO PEDIGREE PAPERS. what i want to know is WHY LIE ? thats what buggs me .x[ATTACH]8787.IPB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8788.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-3940-13585964736304_thumb.jpg

post-3940-13585964738238_thumb.jpg

Thats why I took on private rehomes, after my last experiance of paying money for a rehome I wouldn't do it again. It ended up badly for me and I was heartbroken. Happy ending for the dog involved yes I'm talking about Flynn, was told he was good with other dogs, etc etc, him and Yuri didn't get on at all. I thought he was a rehome turns out she was the breeder. She was probably a back yard breeder too which makes it even worse. No bad experiance rehoming Aya but as I got her though here I didn't pay money. If I ever buy another dog again it will be from a reputible breeder or though a proper rescue. I don't think I'll ever go down the epupz or preloved route again I have learned my lesson. My naieve days are gone.

aww thats not good,they are really expensive,i didnt think the colour of a husky would bump a price up for a breeder,i nevr really thought it mattered,i got my two because ive been looking for the right one since i was 15,i dont mean ive been sat constantly at the laptop looking for one for 18 yrs lol, but i was very careful,yes ive made a few mistakes on the way too,ive had different breeds of dogs aswell,none of them really met the standards i was looking for,yes i am picky lol.i luv the two i have and in my eyes no price would get them from me ,theyre here now and theyre stuck with me lol x

I have noticed people put individual prices on their pups based on coat colours,facemasks, eye colours and sex.

I paid a relatively small price for my husky x mal but I also know someone who paid £850?? for his. Just seems a lot of money for a crossbreed to me.

That said Cloud has cost me a small fortune in other stuff e.g food, jabs, flea and worm treatment, toys, harnesses and leads etc. That the initial cost is nothing because we all love our babies

I'VE GOT MY FIRST ALASKAN MALAMUTE WITH PEDIGREE PAPERS.... BUT IF YOU ONLY WANT A DOG FOR LOVING AND CAREING THEN PAPERS OR NO PAPERS SHOULDNT MATTER.. PAPERS ARE ONLY USEFULL FOR BREEDING REASONS AND TO BE HONEST THEIR IS FAR TO MANY OUT THEIR THAT NEED RE-HOMING..

I have noticed people put individual prices on their pups based on coat colours,facemasks, eye colours and sex.

I paid a relatively small price for my husky x mal but I also know someone who paid £850?? for his. Just seems a lot of money for a crossbreed to me.

That said Cloud has cost me a small fortune in other stuff e.g food, jabs, flea and worm treatment, toys, harnesses and leads etc. That the initial cost is nothing because we all love our babies

aww thats not good,they are really expensive,i didnt think the colour of a husky would bump a price up for a breeder,i nevr really thought it mattered,i got my two because ive been looking for the right one since i was 15,i dont mean ive been sat constantly at the laptop looking for one for 18 yrs lol, but i was very careful,yes ive made a few mistakes on the way too,ive had different breeds of dogs aswell,none of them really met the standards i was looking for,yes i am picky lol.i luv the two i have and in my eyes no price would get them from me ,theyre here now and theyre stuck with me lol x

It shouldn't and a good breeder wouldn't charge more for a colour of a dog. I love my two as well, are stuck with me for life.

I totally understand your point Michelle.

i dont have papers for any of mine,thats fine in the sense they are pets and no breeding or showing going on,but,i wish i had papers just so i could see where they've come from.

They may well have relatives on here and i would.ve found that interesting to trace back.

we've been told Tia(our latest rescue) has fantastic bloodlines......maybe she does maybe she doesn't,all i hope is she is fit,well and healthy :)

Colourings and markings shouldn't really matter.. I know a breeder who sold her pups at a cost of covering the upkeep of them and sold them all at same price and they all are different in colors and markings...

I understand what you mean about the papers and tracking your dogs relatives it is nice knowing and seeing them..

Kat IMO a breeder is NOT a good breeder if they put their prices up for certain colour/markings - thats like charging a fortune for my two because 1 has awesome markings and bi eyes n the other what people like to class as 'rare' :rolleyes: for being a pure white with blue eyes

a good breeder will not breed to produce certain colours eye or coat wise - n any that do are just after making money n should be avoided IMO

Blaze cost us £550 with papers - Skyla we rehomed but with papers she would have been £650 - the usually typical price you would pay for a pup (we do have her papers also as we rehomed her thru her breeder)

michelle - i see what you mean - theres no point in them telling you they have papers for their dogs if they dont - doesnt get them anywhere - whats wrong with being honest (also sorry for jacking ur thread there)

I totally understand your point Michelle.

i dont have papers for any of mine,thats fine in the sense they are pets and no breeding or showing going on,but,i wish i had papers just so i could see where they've come from.

They may well have relatives on here and i would.ve found that interesting to trace back.

we've been told Tia(our latest rescue) has fantastic bloodlines......maybe she does maybe she doesn't,all i hope is she is fit,well and healthy :)

exactly...would be nice to see if they have family on here lol x its like genes re-united for huskies lol

Wow people pay loads for a husky!! Before we got Teeko, when we were busy researching the breed, I got in touch with the breeder advice people at SHWA and was told by a lovely lady that a husky pup, pure, will be between £400 and £500 and if a breeder is charging more for specific markings then steer well clear. It helped us avoid paying over the odds! She sort of said that a good breeder won't over charge and be wary of the ones that do.

Sounds crazy moiney to me!

Kat IMO a breeder is NOT a good breeder if they put their prices up for certain colour/markings - thats like charging a fortune for my two because 1 has awesome markings and bi eyes n the other what people like to class as 'rare' :rolleyes: for being a pure white with blue eyes

a good breeder will not breed to produce certain colours eye or coat wise - n any that do are just after making money n should be avoided IMO

Blaze cost us £550 with papers - Skyla we rehomed but with papers she would have been £650 - the usually typical price you would pay for a pup (we do have her papers also as we rehomed her thru her breeder)

michelle - i see what you mean - theres no point in them telling you they have papers for their dogs if they dont - doesnt get them anywhere - whats wrong with being honest (also sorry for jacking ur thread there)

hahaha its ok.lol nice to know what people think x

I paid £225 for Yuri, he came microchipped in my name, fully vacinated and he was 9 weeks old I must admit I had a good experiance getting him. If I was getting a dog that didn't have papers I wouldn't pay more than £200 but then after the experiance I've had even doing that I would go to a rescue if I wanted a rescue dog and a breeder if I wanted a puppy. £850 for an unpapered pup is crazy! But obviously you got a lovely dog when you rehomed :)

I don't disagree with breeding for colour and apperance at all, after all that's sort of what comes with breeding to KC standard and working to improve the breed overall, but then assessing the pups and offering different prices based on their appearance is wrong. Huskies markings vary so much and everyone will prefer something different, who is the breeder to judge what is 'better' and therefore more expensive? Someone might prefer a pure white husky while someone else might prefer darker markings with thick goggles, but if the breeder deems the white to be better whoever prefers the white will be paying more for their favourite over someone who prefers goggles. That doesn't make sense to me at all!! :blink: I also think papers do matter to a degree. I agree that papers aren't essential if you're only after a pet, but if you've deliberately seeked out a breeder with KC registered pups you've probably done it to ensure your dog is not a cross, has good lines, a good breeder etc. To then find out it doesn't have papers...I could understand the frustration.

Bad breeders will charge what they think a person will pay so if they can try to bump up the price by saying the colour is rare, the eye colour is unusual or charge more for a certain sex or even charge more just because they are KC regd (yes some KC breeders are bad too!) they will do it because all they are interested in is making as much money out of their dogs as they can. And someone who has not done their research or is in too much of a hurry to just get any pup will pay silly money!

Also a good breeder wouldn't breed crosses like huskamutes so buying a pup from someone who will is pretty much just lining the pockets of greedy back yard breeders who are getting in on the current scary designer dog fashion!

A good breeder will charge the same regardless of sex or colouring because they have bred for health, temprement and working or showing ability and usually so they can keep at least one or two out of the litter, they want to continue a certain line and will reg the pups as a matter of course.

Basically it boils down to, as long as their are idiots that wil pay silly money, there will be immoral people who will charge it! <_<

Also on the charging more for certain markings... its a massive scam because huskies markings change dramatically as they grow so buying a husky with a mask is no garuntee that it will still have a mask at 1 year old!

i paid 650 for ice and he was worth every penny its a lot to spend on a dog but i was willing to pay it for him. i think its a joke how people can charge more for a different colour or markings we went to see a malamute pup they wanted 850 without papers i was like i dont think so i paid 650 for my husky with kc papers. Gus came with pedigree papers i paid 100 pound for him and 350 for hollie with papers. jasper we got for free off here and he is great i would of liked to see his pedigree papers just so i can see his family. My next one i will be buying only because i want to show it but if i found one for free to rehome or a little bit of money i would rehome that as i love jasper and gus to pieces and they both were rehomes

I don't disagree with breeding for colour and apperance at all' date=' after all that's sort of what comes with breeding to KC standard and working to improve the breed overall,[/quote']

Not really for huskies since they can be any color. So breeding a husky for a certain color technically is not improving the breed. Not that I have anything against it, though, as long as other factors are being weighed in too like disposition, structure, etc.

Hmm we paid 500 for our boy Loki but we made sure to see him when he was 3wks old and again at 6wks before we took him home at 8wks. The breeder has both mum and dad - he was not an intended breeder but it happened to be the bitch's 2nd litter and they even kept a daughter.

We keep in touch every now and then with the antics of our pups and fresh pics. He made sure that we knew what we were in for - at the time the dad was shedding too so we could see what we was in for. He even has a side on scooter for the male, and a gentle leader for the female. The malehusky came from the man's family's male husky who was an all white (same as ours).

The breeder has pro photos of all the 1st litter and is able to keep in contact with most of them.