Fight

Stormy

We had a nice walk this morning got home fed dogs etc got ready for work. I then filled their kong with ice (stupid me) walked out the door heard them fighting ran in they were both really fighting I was trying to brake them up pulling Logan away but shadow was just as bad going for Logan!! So I grabbed both their collars but my hand got in the way but it stopped the fight thank god!! My hand is more grazed than bitten it's swollen and I little bit bruised but im ok didn't feel it at the time think I was so focused on breaking them up!! I won't ever fill the kong again!!!

I always leave them with nothing apart from water unless they are seperated gus goes in his cage and has a bone and jasper in the kitchen with toys and a bone. Ice and hollie have free run of the house but I never leave anything around. Glad you are ok and hope your hand heals quickly.

Oh dear.. I have to be very careful with food around Riley. I'm currently living with my mum and she has a lab, plus my great grandmother's dog has been staying with us, AND two cats... So around food times I have to put him outside and shut the glass doors and keep all the smaller animals inside (including great grandmother's dog). He growled at Charlie once and I grabbed him by the scruff and really told him off. I only had to do it once, he won't go near her food now...

Today was VERY scary as the little dog got out of the house when my dad went inside. Also had to quickly rush one of the cats in who got out.. Luckily I hadn't put the food bowls down yet and it all ended well.

Very sorry to hear about the fight.. Is this the first time they have fought?

Hope your hand is ok, I got bitten last year separating Darwin and Echo.ohmy.gif

I needed a tetanus update anyway. biggrin.gif

They looked like they were killing each other! Was horrible! That's a point better check about my tetanus!! I didn't even think of that!!

No they fought when we very first got Logan that's when we learnt he had food aggression had three fights but shadow didn't fight back then so was quite easy to break it up were able to feed next to each other now supervised.

So I knew that they fight over food we never leave things down apart from toys as they don't fight over then so stupid me thought id put Ice in the kong thinking it would be ok shadow had it when I left Logan obv thought there was food in it went for shadow and shadow being older now fought back! Just glad I was able to break it up took me a couple of mins though

I wont leave any thing down i have been able to leave them with toys no problems they dont fight over toys but obviously logan thought the kong had food in it went for shadow and shadow went for him back!

My hands swolle n up and is quite bruised now i rang doctors to check tetanus and i am covered they said to have it checked over incase i need antibiotics though because it is swollen

Ok I'll give that a try my hands sore today but the swelling has gone down a bit its just quite bruised now.

Logan was in a real funny mood last night just wanted to be left alone shadow can be a pain at times though always wanting to play! Yes they're both intact and Logan is alpha but I think as shadow is now getting older he may be challenging him for this position maybe. They were alone together some of yesterday I'd love to know if they have disagreements while were out and how they sort it.

My girl is the one with posetion issues in my house.. shes usually fine so long as she knows I'm watching her but if I go out she goes in her crate with a distracting thing and Shadow stays out as he hates his crate and isnt distructive.

As for splitting up fights well everyone always has helpful surgestions but when it comes to the second it happens they all go out the window and all you can do is grab at them! I'm lucky that both of mine have fabulous bite inhibition so the couple of fights I'v broken up that one or the other has caught me they have realised and let go without breaking the skin. Did once break up one with one of mine and another dog that got me.. I stuck my foot in to break it up.. which it did but my foot took a nasty bite and bled, i didnt bother with tetnus just some hibiscrub and a bandage and I was walking on it just fine. :D

My hand is just badly bruised only broke the skin slightly not alot they stopped fighting as soon as i had been bitten was very strange! Yeah at that moment i just didnt waht i had to to break up the fight!

They will be quite distracted with others around and probably won't fight. I would suggest the water spray or loud noise break them up, or use your foot (with a shoe on) instead of your hand. I leave my boys each with a peanut butter bone. Usually find one in the bed and one in the LR....but they don't seem to fight over them. Glad you are okay.

I cant risk leaving them with anything foodwise or looks like food as i found out! Toys i can leave around they dont fight over those :S Yeah they will probably be distracted sunday but i also dont want them eating anything as they have really sensitive stomachs and im the one who has to sort it out the next day lol