His first kill

Kirbysowner

I don't either. Who knows what those things carry.

Plus, I'm too grossed out to have to deal with a possible half eaten carcass. Ewww.

I end up with that, anyway, lol! I live on an acreage, and have a number of half-feral cats (some I can handle, others come for food but don't allow me to touch or even come near them) around. They sometimes bring me presents... rolleyes.gif The poop-scoop comes in very handy - at least until my old guy finds one before I do, and I have to take it away from him! tongue.gif I think he believes that the cats bring them for him, and who knows? He may be right! (The cats LOVE Shad!)

I end up with that, anyway, lol! I live on an acreage, and have a number of half-feral cats (some I can handle, others come for food but don't allow me to touch or even come near them) around. They sometimes bring me presents... rolleyes.gif The poop-scoop comes in very handy - at least until my old guy finds one before I do, and I have to take it away from him! tongue.gif I think he believes that the cats bring them for him, and who knows? He may be right! (The cats LOVE Shad!)

Hahaha I would definitely use the poop-scoop! But the sight of them... makes me squeamish! The other day Scout was nudging something black on the ground and I thought it was dirt or something until I knelt down and realized it was a dead field mouse. OMG. I screamed and ran away having Scout run after me utterly confused. HAHA.

Having the little brother I had when I was a kid, I got over being squeamish - or at least showing I was! He would SO have taken advantage of that, so I didn't dare show it. Makes it possible for me to deal with gross stuff the cats (or the dogs, for that matter!) drag in! tongue.gif

yup i let ours eat what they kill, otherwise they will kill again asap given the chance. although they only seem to go for rabbits and deer.

we use a treatment for our 2 that treats for practically everything. and we need to because we have foxes that use our back garden, and they have mange, and carry all sorts of parasites

Mine have both scoffed up mice, dead and alive, but Jackson prefers snatching something out of the trash...last night...banana peel...traded him a treat for it once I pulled it out of his throat.. He'd been chewing on it and it looked like uncooked bacon by the time I saw it!

• 2 weeks later...

Kodi caught a wood pigeon last night in the garden, we took it off him, he seemed to be a bit stunned himself.

He vomited later on so whatever he swallowed didn't agree with him at all.

It was a bit upsetting as that is the first time he caught anything.

Suka's killed lots of animals. Here's the running list so far (not in any order.)

- A robin with a broken wing.

- 3 possums

- 2 squirrels

and he was so close to catching a raccoon and a neighbour's cat.

I never let him eat his kills - even though he wants to!

icaught some minnows while fishing on the severn last weekend while camping, when i showed one to the kids, kodah decided he wanted to see then chose to eat it, kids wernt impressed lol. as of yet he aint caught anything himself yet, not for the lack trying mind hes forever chasing bees, butterflies around the garden lol