Hey :)

ArmyWif3

Hello, my name is Marla. I have only been a husky owner for about 8 months now and im loving it...aside from a few issues. My pup is 11 months old and his name is Kago! He was about 9 months in this picture below. When do huskies get their full coat?? Shouldn't mine be more fluffy by now? Anywho i cant wait to chat with other husky owners as well :)

196696_10150162358050169_587360168_8421617_5137782_n.jpg

hello and welcome to the forums as for the fluffy there is a lot of different type of husky .. husky is not a breed its a type of dog .........do you know what breed you have of the husky type ?? siberian? malamute ?? what makes a husky a husky is the job roll it plays in life

have a look at this link it will show you a lot of different type of the husky

husky types

hope this helps

Hi, and welcome! He's a handsome guy! He may end up with more coat, and he may not. There's a great deal of difference in the Siberian coat. I have had some with really short coats that were so dense you couldn't get your fingers down to skin in the winter, and others with longer coats - some equally dense, some much less so. If he was inside a lot over the cooler winter months, especially since he's a youngster, his coat may not be as dense. Often, but not always, their coats will get a little longer, but even more likely denser as the years go by. Enjoy the lack of fur falling out this year - it may get extreme as time goes by! biggrin.giftongue.gif

we bought bella from a backyard breeder there second litter they also had no papers...

they said she was a siberian husky but after looking at the description and photos she looks alot more like a alaskan huskie no wonder she loves to run so much!

lol we shall see she might change once she fills out and grows a bit =D

Welcome Marla and Kago.

To the BEST husky forum in the WORLD !!! biggrin.gif

While we love to answer questions, this place is all about sharing

fun and knowledge for this to happen

Everyone has to join in.

So don't sit on the backburner, lurking

Join in and share laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

An alaskan husky is a crossbreed, a mutt, its just got husky in it.

The only proper 'husky' is the Siberian, the Alaskan Malamute is a different breed entirely. 'Husky' isnt a type of dog, Huskies, malamutes etc are all sleddogs,but all different bredds in their own rights.

Sibes have lots of different coat types, my eldest bitch has a very short coat compared to others I've seen, all types are exceptable except 'woolies', which is a long coat.