Hey there everyone.

Cherokee

Well everyone as the topic description says im new on this forum thought I might look around and check out this forum, Im a Husky Enthusiest in general, grew up with them in Alaska, anyway not sure what there is to tell about myself so feel free to ask questions, Oh almost forgot here is a photo of my Husky, his name is Cherokee, hes a rescue around two years old, ive had him for a few months now but we get along famously, hes kinda a minor celebrity around my neighborhood here in Carson California, I walk him and he gets all of the attention, which he simply ADORES.

Anyway glad to be connected with other Husky Enthusiests so later!

Cherokee.bmp

post-4754-13585964953125_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Richard and Cherokee and welcome along :)

He is a gorgeous boy and +1 to you for adopting him and giving him a forever home.

how lucky are you to have grown up in Alaska surrounded by these gorgeous furries!!

Thank you and your Huskies are adorable, do they have Alaskan Husky in them? Except for Marley, he looks like a pure bred Siberian.

Aww thanx for the compliments for my furries

They are all pure huskies

Marley and Tia are both my rescues and Tia has apparently excellent racing lines in her so will always be very lean in comparison i suppose, although she was really underweight when we got her on that pic so she looks lot better now.

Shadow has changed lots also,she is looking more and more like she should! :)

Welcome to the forum.

Yep they are attention getters biggrin.gif

Join in don't be shy.

Just posted my first gallery on the home page, lots of Photos of Cherokee and one including me, dont worry I dont always look so rough, most of the time I look better (lighting was awful)

anyway Cherokee is full of antics but I love that dog to death.

hi love the picks wish i could live in alaska

Actually Alaska is very nice, the Winters can be a drag after a while but otherwise its just beautiful mountains, lived in a small mountain valley town called Valdez, also lived in the Island City of Kodiak!

both areas are simply gorgeous..... Kodiak rains most of the year though which can be a drag around Crab Festival..... *sighs* im going to be missing Crab Fest for the 7th year of my life unless I go this year.... havnt gone since I was Eleven, never missed one for Eleven Years! Im 17 now 18 in August.... but it still bums me out....

Welcome to the forum :) Wow living in Alaska must have been amazing!

It was lived there for Eleven years, many memories got to do good old fashioned things most kids in America dont really do anymore

like build tree houses, hunt and fish every summer, water balloon and water gun wars, biking to the local ice cream shop, the local gift shop, or the gas station to buy candy

Hell I bought my very first pocket knife at the local R/X drug store back when I lived in Valdez, it had an Ivory grip with an Orca engraved on it, for those of you who dont know what an Orca is, that is a Killer Whale.

Hi and welcome - love the upside-down picture of Cherokee!

It was lived there for Eleven years, many memories got to do good old fashioned things most kids in America dont really do anymore

like build tree houses, hunt and fish every summer, water balloon and water gun wars, biking to the local ice cream shop, the local gift shop, or the gas station to buy candy

Hell I bought my very first pocket knife at the local R/X drug store back when I lived in Valdez, it had an Ivory grip with an Orca engraved on it, for those of you who dont know what an Orca is, that is a Killer Whale.

I think more kids in the US can do these things still than you realize. It's just a lot more common in smaller towns and more rural areas than what you have where you are now...

I was able to go up to see the start of the Iditarod about 7 years ago, and loved it up there. Don't know how I'd handle the dark winters, but the area I got to see (only between Anchorage and Talkeetna) was gorgeous. A friend lives in Wasilla, and I'm going to have to make it up for a visit, one of these years! smile.gif