Eggggcited!

kkendra

Finally! Owner of a one day old female sib husky!! :D (just a lurker previously)

She's gonna be my first sib husky so I have been trying to research about them as much as possible.

But still....I have a feeling that I'll definitely be needing some help real soon!

Just curious, will her markings grow darker or lighter as she grows older?

Haven't got a name for her, suggestions are welcomed!

[ATTACH]8871.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8870.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-4458-13585964958362_thumb.jpg

post-4458-13585964960702_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gallery_2099_649_35708.jpg

gallery_2099_649_58660.jpg

Hi and welcome - what a cutie! smile.gif

This is Rebel - he was that color as a puppy, and he's 9 or so in these pictures. Sometimes he's a little darker, especially when he has a new coat in, and when he's getting ready to blow his coat, he's a little lighter colored. From year to year, they sometimes seem to change colors slightly, maybe a little darker one year and a little lighter another. I'm not sure what causes that - could be related to the food they're eating (the minerals in it, most likely) or some other factor - sunlight can also bleach a coat to a lighter color...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Can't wait for these 8 weeks to pass so I can bring her home!

Interesting, didn't know the shades of the markings can go both ways

NIx : Saw some of your YT videos, lol'ed at the one where Blaze was playing fetch and Skyla gave you the "huh" look when it's her turn to fetch. They're so cute.

Hope mine fetches lol *fingers crossed*

Linda : I'm a fan of Odin :wub: he's gorgeous

Angie : Haha, go get one! :lol:

Gigi : I hope she'll grow to be as lovely as Rebel!

My friends has suggested some names : Lola, Nicki, Mishka (this name seems pretty hot with sib huskies), Maya

Which one's nicer? I can't seem to decide on one :(

some huskies just can't decide what color to go. Just be happy you won't have a boring dog :D because you will always be excited to see what color they decide to go next season.

some names I would give to a bitch if i had one: nuala, Zelda, sissy, sadie, lucy, star

once you narrow it down you can even make a poll :)

welcome to the pack

• 3 weeks later...

I always liked Star as a husky name and a friend of mine has a black and white husky with that name, it is a bit cliche but it's lovely! I also like the name Mahra and but if I really really love the name Kohoutek, which was a comet that was visable to the naked eye for only 2 months and was last seen in january 1974. Beautiful comet!

http://spider.seds.org/spider/Comets/kohoutek1.jpg

Have to say that this is the most friendly forum I've been to so far

Thanks for all the lovely welcome and the suggestions of names!

Me and my housemates have nothing better to do the other day so we wrote names on little pieces of paper, folded them and choose one randomly.

Got Lola in the end and decided to go with it, lol

How do you pronouce Kohoutek? It's beautiful!

Michele, is Harley the one on the left? He looks cool!

Silly question, but where can I view the photo album's of members? Can't seem to find it on their profile page

It won't be til the last week of June that I can bring her home :(

Need some advice from you guys - am gonna visit the breeder this Sun, read online that I should bring a towel and leave it with the breeder and bring it back along with the puppy will help her better cause the scent of her littermates will be on the towel? Is that true?

Also a little worried about house training, I have a concrete yard and its about at least a min walk to the nearest patch of grass. Just worried about bringing her out at night, can she walk that distance without any accident? I don't mind her going to the bathroom in the yard but I'm just worried she will associate concrete texture as the place to pee. Is it better if I get her a pet loo? Thanks! :)

Welcome to the Pack

I can't advise on the colour change of your new pups markings as Polee is white so sadly doesn't have any markings.

As someone else suggested perhaps narrow down your choice of names and then put up a Poll

Have to say that this is the most friendly forum I've been to so far

Thanks for all the lovely welcome and the suggestions of names!

Me and my housemates have nothing better to do the other day so we wrote names on little pieces of paper, folded them and choose one randomly.

Got Lola in the end and decided to go with it, lol

How do you pronouce Kohoutek? It's beautiful!

Michele, is Harley the one on the left? He looks cool!

Silly question, but where can I view the photo album's of members? Can't seem to find it on their profile page

It won't be til the last week of June that I can bring her home :(

Need some advice from you guys - am gonna visit the breeder this Sun, read online that I should bring a towel and leave it with the breeder and bring it back along with the puppy will help her better cause the scent of her littermates will be on the towel? Is that true?

Also a little worried about house training, I have a concrete yard and its about at least a min walk to the nearest patch of grass. Just worried about bringing her out at night, can she walk that distance without any accident? I don't mind her going to the bathroom in the yard but I'm just worried she will associate concrete texture as the place to pee. Is it better if I get her a pet loo? Thanks! :)

Kohoutek is pronounced (Ca-hoo-tek) It is a beautiful name isnt it :D I'm hoping if i ever have another dog I'll name it that.

A pet loo isn't in my oinion a suitable way of housetraining but there are many ways of training so go with whichever one works best for you! it's a shame there isn't any grass in your yard. But if you keep taking her out she'll understand she's meant to be outside before she can pee/poo. Then when you start walking her, if she goes on the grass, give her extra praise! I'm not an expert on this but it's just what I would do in that situation.

Oh, and yeah, the towel, blanket thing is true, it might just help ease the transaction for her and help her settle a little. It can be quite distressing for the puppy to be away from it's mother and littermates at first. I was quite lucky with Indigo as she was the last one to leave the mother and had already had a few nights without her brothers and sisters.

Can't wait to see some more updates on how Lola is doing! :)

Welcome, welcome, welcome. . . :welcome5:

I'm sure as your pup grows you'll have lots of questions.

Feel free to bug us. :angel: