Puppy Not Eating.........

Gretzky

Hello guys - Just a quick one:

My 3 month old Husky, Gretzky is not eating. He is on the dry puppy food - Complete Pedigree. He'll have three/four mouthfuls and then just wanders off. He is really active and a happy little fella, so doesn't appear ill at all.

I have read that Huskies don't eat lots anyway. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you

:)

P.S. We're at the seaside today and he's loving it!!!

My 3 month old Husky, Gretzky is not eating. He is on the dry puppy food - Complete Pedigree. He'll have three/four mouthfuls and then just wanders off. He is really active and a happy little fella, so doesn't appear ill at all.

Thank you

Have you talked to your vet about this? Have you noticed anything else odd?

Thank you

husky's can tend not to eat a lot or very little at times but keep a keen eye on him and if you get unsure book an appointment to see a vet nurse for advice/info, if you see the vet nurse (at our vet's it's free) at your veterinary centre they will give you good honest advice and if they have any concerns will ask you to see the vet straight away

Mamals tend to eat less in the summer and more in the winter. I would not be concerned unless he seems ill. I'm sure he will start eatting in a few days. I would however call your vet and mention it, they'll probably say to monitor for a few days and if doesn't improve to bring him in.

Have you tried mixing a little cooked chicken or sardines in oil in his kibble to try entice him a little

whilst a lot of them can miss meals with no problems,i personally think at only 3mths he's a little too young to be doing this too often.

Also,is his kibble totally dry?if so,add some water to it,it will soften it a little and make it more tasty

What about thinking the Dog maybe off it with the weather sunstroke etc mine missed a feed (unheard of) But I think it was sunstroke or something like if it carries on for a few days contact the vet, but it maybe you have a picky eater, who may have grown bored of what they're on

Someone at the dog park mentioned to me that because huskies (dogs in general, for that matter), are pack animals, they like to eat as a group. He says his dog is free-fed and doesn't touch his food until his owner comes home and eats his own dinner. You might want to try that out? Our guy Phil usually eats a lot better if we are sitting on the stairs right behind him; otherwise he just wanders away fro his bowl.

We put out our guy's food for 20 minutes. Whatever he eats, he eats. Whatever's left after 20 minutes goes into a ziplock bag for the following day. He'll learn eventually. I'm not sure if you can do this with a 3-month old pup though.

Sibes generally don't eat too much though; they take what they need.

Good luck!

Edit: Another thing - if your pup is warm (you mentioned in your OP you were at the beach today?) he may eat less too. As another poster suggested, try putting some water on his kibble too. Occasionally we put our Sibe's leftover food into his Kong, and he's happy to eat that way too.

Thank you for the advice guys. Changed to a bit of cooked chicken with the puppy food and will also try the the take the food away after 20 mins option. He appears to be eating better now and was actually desperate for food today. He's better when not distracted too!

He seems to have adapted better now we are back home.

Thank you again for all of the advice