Got a question

Jdarr2113

Some dogs do it as an espect of feeling calm. It's more about a combination of physical expressions rather than just the ear movement.

You should be able to tell from their eyes, tail and the way they stand when they turn down their ears.

Stacey xxx

To judge if a dog is being submissive, you have to look at more than her ears and tail. Look at her whole body and the position of her head?

Is she trying to be 'taller' than you? Puffing her chest out? Is her tail raised? Body tense, ears forward and alert, head stretching as high at it'll go. <---Those are all body languages of dominance.

Trying to be smaller than you, head lower than their body, tail slightly in between their legs, body relaxed, ears back, eyes averting, might be some whimpering involved <---- all body languages of submissiveness.

There are two kind of body languages for submission; active and passive.

Passive: Ears back when dominant approaches, moves out of way of dominant, body language in submissive state.

Active: Tail slighly between legs, ears back while licking underneath dominant's muzzle. May roll over on their back, exposing their neck and stomach to the dominant, while letting a stream of urine come out.

Fear and aggression are different than those two.

Fear: Tail is tucked deeply between legs and is underneath the abdomen area. Ears back, eyes wide looking at what is scaring them, whimpering, body tense ready to run.

Fear- Aggression: Lips raised in a snarl; ears back. Defensive; ready to bite if necessary. Tail underneath abdomen.

Aggression: Trying to appear taller than you, lips raised and snarling, hackles raised, body tensed ready to fight, ears forward.

(I THINK I got it all...)

Wow thank you so much Solitary! By what you are saying she is never like that to me cause I'm her dad. She listens to me even at 11 weeks does what I say. She is always rolling around playing with me =D

You're welcome! :)

Puppies instinctively are submissive to their 'parents' until they get older...then they start challenging their place in the 'pack'.