car guard thingy

Sid_Wolf

does anyone know if u can get those bars that go between the boot and the backseat to fit a 3 door honda civic?

kira and keyu fit comfortably in the boot, keeping them there is the hard part :rolleyes:

Sid i got a second hand one of these as Sakari kept knocking the poles from my other guard , i'd recomend one of these to anyone they hook onto the head rests, ebay sell them cheaper but most of these will fit any car as they are universal

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/premium-mesh-car-guard-k9e-for-dogs-by-mont-blanc-13703?cm_re=barilliance-_-up%20sell-_-product%20details

You can get universal dog guards but a lot of them have legs that invade the boot space and are quite flimsy in their construction. You can get car specific ones such as those on the following site:

http://www.hondadogguards.co.uk/

Depending on your budget I would personally start by looking on the auction sites

if i remember rightly - when i looked into it (i have a honda CRV) Barjo make them and sell them to honda anyway but sell for more. so your better off going to barjo or buying 2nd hand. they do come up but ya gotta keep an eye out. there's been a few for sale on mushers exchange recently. but its getting the right specific one for your car. IMO worth every penny. if i sold my car, id be getting the same system in the new car immediatly

Chris those ones look fab, our boot isnt very big, just big enough for the girls, so I dont think i'd want legs in the way if i could avoid it. Halfords do the same type at a little cheaper :)

yea, we have seatbelt clips, which are fine for one or 2 dogs, but try having 3 who are all twisting around and climbing over each other :rolleyes: its a nightmare, Kira ends up nearly breaking her legs because they have got trapped, Grey has stepped on Keyu's buckle thing so she is loose and on Gerry (the drivers lap) and Grey is growling at Kira because she's standing on him trying to untangle herself :rolleyes: That is what happened on Sunday

Sid, the one that Chris recommended is the one I've got in my car. It screws between the bars of the headrest so can't be pushed off like most of the universal ones which just sort of stand there on poles. It's brilliant, best thing I've ever bought to keep my beast contained :D

:sluggish:

We got one of the tubular bar/pole type and Darwin ripped through it in about ten seconds.

So cable tied it to the back seats took him 30 seconds this time to get into the back seats.

Ended up buying a second mesh type and lashing both together with a couple of barbecue grills to plug a gap at the top.

Looks like a pile of crap but it works. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

yea, we have seatbelt clips, which are fine for one or 2 dogs, but try having 3 who are all twisting around and climbing over each other :rolleyes: its a nightmare, Kira ends up nearly breaking her legs because they have got trapped, Grey has stepped on Keyu's buckle thing so she is loose and on Gerry (the drivers lap) and Grey is growling at Kira because she's standing on him trying to untangle herself :rolleyes: That is what happened on Sunday

sorry i had visions of all this as i read it and laughed had to say :lol: