Gallery Question - Need your opinions

Marc

The idea of being able to upload pictures directly into your post would be great and solve a lot of issues.

I can see what people are saying with having pictures of your husky available if people are looking at your profile but could you not have a section in the forum called "members husky images" for example somewhere around the "picture" section where people can start a post with the date (for example) and add whichever pictures they want, then they can link the post into there 'about me' or somewhere on their profile and people can still look at pictures of their huskies from there?

I'm not trying to complicate things i'm just trying to help those that like having a gallery.

Yes we definately would have this. In fact if it comes to that, we could even have the forum split up into a forum per member so that you simply go to your own forum for your images.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voted. I have to uploaded to photobucket then here coz my pics are to big to go into the gallery. I like the gallery, I like having a look at everyones photos that don't need a thread starting for them so keep the gallery but make it easier to upload too i say.

Voted. I have to uploaded to photobucket then here coz my pics are to big to go into the gallery. I like the gallery, I like having a look at everyones photos that don't need a thread starting for them so keep the gallery but make it easier to upload too i say.

Keeping the gallery but making it easier to upload isnt one of our options LOL ....

voted

i love the idea of posting straight to forum/thread from harddrive - i occassionally upload pics that i dont put in threads but its VERY rare i do - i usually just upload them to photobucket and then copy n paste IMG codes

but being able to upload them all directly would save time then copy n pasting too

Thats what I do too and it does take quite some time to copy and paste from Photobucket. Especially when I have tons of pics for the photo discussion. Would be awesome to just upload them straight into the post. Plus lots of people when they start out are not sure how to do it although they would like to have their pics show up like that, so it would make it so much easier for them as well. :)

I love the gallery in its current format, and all the fantastic features that it has. I especially like that we can have separate albums (not sure where the Zena album has disappeared to though), and love the 'Latest Comments' section.

But ..... really don't like the thumbnails in posts.

I can't see images posted through Imageshack, which means I have never seen Sid's new husky, or all three of her beautiful huskies together, but this is probably a setting on my computer which I have been unable to rectify.

:o you never said!!! Im off to make a new thread with flickr pics :lol:

I like the gallery.........

but then, I've been accused of not liking change!

As was stated in another post, I like to be able to find the pics I've posted in case I want to use them again in another post. And I am one to peruse others galleries on occasion.

B

Personally, i create my own folder upload pictures then paste link in relevent post/topic in Photo Discussion section.... ive no preferance either way.... to put it simply i would still use and be a part of this Forum Gallery or No Gallery, Pictures or No Pictures...because its a great community....

whatever is decided im in agreement with........ sorry it may sound like im sitting on the fence but to me its Not a big issue.... Dont get me wrong i, like the rest, love seeing the pictures in whatever way i have to.... :throwball:

I like looking at the gallery pics now n then , but to be honest it makes no difference to me wether its remains or not as i don`t post pics very often anyway ...whatever is easier for the majority is fine with me ..... being a computer numpty i dont post pics into threads anyway .....eek.png

I like having a gallery, but it would be great if it could resize images for me. It's annoying to have to resize them first before posting them. That's an extra step that sometimes causes me to just say "nevermind".

might be a bit late lol but if you download vso image resizer you can mass change them in one go? x