Still MORE Zena!

sutsibe

Well, Zena had another busy day - hope you aren't getting bored with her adventures in Iowa, but I'll have another small one in a day or so, and then mostly weekends, unless Becky takes a turn! Our day started when I got a last minute call to substitute for a science teacher at the local middle school. This school has grades 4-8 in it, although this classroom was only grades 6-8. So, I went on downstairs to get the dogs up and let them out! Silly Zena found a comfy spot on top of Tux's crate!

Sleeping1.jpg

I got both of them up, and she finally got to meet Tux - and rolled over in submission to him!

TuxnZena1.jpg

Zena went to school with me, but I'll wait to share pics taken there until later - I'm subbing in another class Thursday, and will put all school pics on one thread.

After school, we looked around the little town of Wellsburg. Zena was kind of hungry, and thought that the Town House's tenderloin sounded good (it is - they were voted the best in the State several years ago!), but I talked her into waiting.

Town-House.jpg

Instead, we went down the street to the day spa, where Zena decided she needed some pampering!

AtSpa1.jpg

She got a pedicure,

Zena-Pedicure.jpg

Pedicure1.jpg

She tanned,

Tanning1.jpg

and she shopped! She wanted a neck cooler, but they didn't have one in her size...

Shopping1.jpg

She was a bit worried she might get Athlete's Paw, but I told her she probably wouldn't have to worry - too much!

AthletesPaw1.jpg

We went home to spend a little time with Shad, and on the way, she was interested in the countryside...

We saw a pretty stream,

Stream3a.jpg

And my neighbors' donkey and her foal - so very cute, and soooo itty-bitty!

Baby1.jpg

I decided to take Zena and show her Aplington - and recycle the plastic I had around - here in the country, we have to take our recyclables in to town to dispose of them properly... Zena made sure nothing blew away!

Recycle1.jpg

We saw another green Deere on the way!

Plowing1.jpg

AplingtonSign1.jpg

By this time, Zena was so hungry, she was getting rather cranky, so we stopped in at the Peppercorn Pantry for tea...

Tea-time.jpg

She was still hungry, so we stopped by Penny Penguin's Ice Cream Shop for some dessert, and Zena found some new friends!

Penguins1.jpg

We were both getting pretty tired, so we wrapped up our trip by stopping at my mom and dad's house, so they could meet Zena. This is my dad...

DadnZena.jpg

She also got to meet my parents' 6 month old Pomeranian, Gloria

Gloria1.jpg

And the cat, Minnie (who most definitely is NOT mini!)

Minnie1.jpg

Finally, we headed home so Zena could sleep off her large meal, and I could upload pictures!

Absolutely brilliant

Love the manicure/pedicure not so sure you should have allowed her on the tanning booth...........is she over 18?? (tut tut)

although i'm sure the healthy glow will make her look lovely.

She does seem to eat a lot.....u gotta watch her tummy!

love her with her ''new friends''.....did you sneak one home for her

one more thing,think she needs a name tag,she may get lost with all these travels she's having :D

awww wow i', speechless and thats not easy, these are fantastic. Zena is having more fun than i ever thought possible. You should give some of Zena's pic's to Becky of Zena's travels lol Becky could put an artical in the paper adding the forumd addy lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fab pic's Gigi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This really makes my day, reading about Zena. It's so fun reading about the friends she meets, and all the things she does. Once again, Gigi, thanks for the fantastic pics and the wonderful storyline.

Oh wow, I LOVED this :lol: What a lucky girl she is, going to a Spa :D Great job Gigi, your posts are AWESOME. Would love to know what the people at the Spa thought of the crazy lady with a toy and camera though :D

Whew! Glad I'm not boring you all - thanks, Rosemary! Don't know if "Flat Stanley" has made the rounds anywhere else, but he's pretty well known here - a paper man sent out to see the sights like Zena. So, when I mentioned him at the spa and at Penny Penguin's, they jumped in with both feet to enjoy the fun! These are really small towns, and none of the establishments were terribly busy at the time, so it was easy to get their help! The owner of the spa is the nail technician, wasn't doing anything at the moment (the only clients in at the time were one for a massage - Zena and I are going for ours on Monday! - and a haircut), so she was the one who helped Zena plan her time at the spa! biggrin.pnglaugh.gif

Absolutely brilliant

Love the manicure/pedicure not so sure you should have allowed her on the tanning booth...........is she over 18?? (tut tut)

although i'm sure the healthy glow will make her look lovely.

She does seem to eat a lot.....u gotta watch her tummy!

love her with her ''new friends''.....did you sneak one home for her

one more thing,think she needs a name tag,she may get lost with all these travels she's having :D

It was cloudy, so she just needed a quick jolt of UV light! eek.pngtongue.png I'll have to see what I can do for a name tag for her... cool.png

:lol: :lol: This is great! Love the pedicure pictures....;)

Um, I have to admit, I have a rather... unique (?) sense of humor! laugh.gif Glad you're enjoying them!!! dance.gif

Great pics Gigi, Zenas travels are becoming a great thread,, even the guys at my work are intrested in where shes been and where shes going next lol

wink.pngbiggrin.pnglaugh.giftongue.pngI'm happy to provide the amusement! Today, she came to school with me. We were just out at recess, playing with the kids, so it should be ... um.... interesting!eek.pngbiggrin.png

Looking forward to the next set of pics, keep an eye on Zena ,, I dont trust kids, I should know I was one :lol:

LOL! As kids go, the kids at this particular school are pretty good. That said, I had to keep a close eye on them to make sure that Zena didn't "follow them home!" They liked her! laugh.gif

awww wow these pictures are fantastic!!! and i just love the stories!!!!! wavespin.gifwavespin.gif

Zena seems to bring out the storyteller in those she stays with! biggrin.png

LOL Gigi! Keep'em coming!:lol: Looks like Zena doesn't mind getting pampered a little.;) Waiting imPATIENTLY for more.:D

You're in luck - I just happen to have more! Guess I'd better get working on the next thread, or I'll be in trouble, now that I've admitted that! biggrin.png Yes, she likes getting pampered a bit - who doesn't? tongue.png