new to the world of Huskies

jess86

Hello all,

I'm Jess and I'm new to the world of Huskies. I just recently got my first Husky Poppie. She is about 2 and half months old all white bi/omni eyed (one blue the other is brown with a bit of blue in it). I can't promise you any pics as she won't stay still long enough for me to take one.

I always new a Husky would be hard work and alot of dedication but I have all the time in the world for her and intend on giving her everything she needs. I've found this sight so far to be very helpful as i didn't know a great deal about huskies, but thats changing real fast thanks to this forum.

hope to get to know all of you real soon, and I hope to post photo's up soon too (if Poppie let's me)

Thanks guys. I will probably have loads of questions in the near future. I will def try and get a of poppie, may have to get a new camera first though as my kids stuffed my other one and phone camera's don't take the best pics imo

Hi mi names Glyn,have 3 lads was recently widowed,so a freind of mine named tom robbinson decided 2 give me a Alaskan Malamute 2 help me get through

bad time a head,,never been a dog lover,,i have a cat called milo,,he's gray as well,,call him mi miniture wolf...but since havin Tikani,,he has shown me that a dog is a good friend,,ive had him about 4mths and he is massive and he's got savage ice eyes,,he's got a wonderfull temperment,,well play full,and loves his best animal friend milo mi cat,,they have a good doss 2gether,,very obdeiant,,and does as he's told..would'nt give him up for all the tea in china......:)[ATTACH]9078.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-4929-13585965747052_thumb.jpg

Hello Glyn and welcome. Sorry for your loss, I know what your going through, I lost my partner 2 years ago, So for me Poppie is Just expanding my Family, as I have 3 children a Kitten named Pippen who is Grey and white and Poppie ( Pippen hates Poppie atm, but she will get used to having Poppie around I'm sure of it).I'm an all round animal lover, so I think if i had the money and space I'd probably have a zoo by now lol. Poppie isn't very obedient but she's still young and we have plenty of time to work on it

Hi Glyn. Hi Jess. Welcome to the forum. Nothing in the world like a husky or malamute to keep you occupied and very busy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Look forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing your stories.

Sounds like you know how much work it is gonna be and sounds like you have all the love in the world to give to Poppie...which means you are set for a long and beautiful relationship imo! Just don't expect your Poppie to sit still very often for a while ;)

P.S. - I have a cat too and have since I got my Yuki as a pup...well, kitty has just never warmed up to Yuki so don't ever expect them to best friends. But Yuki and kitty at least get along now...it does take a while. And Yuki will never not have her prey drive. She knows not to hurt kitty but she still can't resist the urge to pounce and chance some days, even though she knows she will get reprimanded for it.

I have noticed there are a few white huskies hanging around here lol. I'm glad I found this sight, now i would be even happier if i could find other husky owners in my area. it will be interesting if there are any otheres when i sign poppie up for puppy classes