Is there a way of knowing ??

valkyries

wow you just can't trust any thing, i never open mail unless i know who it is from, i delete if i don't. So much spam about you've got to be carefull.

Well today i got an email off my brother but when i open it's not, i deleted it straight away without going into the site.

So now i can't even trust my mail is from the person sending it, is there a way of knowing ?????

if you hover over the email with your cursor it will tell you the email address of who it is from.

but most email clients wont open the whole email, it will just show you the text, until you click show content. as long as you dont click links etc you should be fine just to delete it.

If Norton doesn't include an email scanner you may want to look into obtaining and Anti virus that does. I personally use AVG as we use it at work as well and their very uptight about such things so it must be ok

Yeah, my brother in Canada had his address book scammed. (Dumbass)banghead.gif

and now I get emails about wonderful new bizzyness opportunities, apparently from him. confused.png

In got an email virus that i didnt even open yet it still accessed my address bokk and posted to all my friends....wiped out my laptop for three days....and even attacked my school computer as it had also sent itself to my work emai.

No idea how it all happened and, like i said, i didnt even open the email. Email scams and virus buidlers and hackers are all on the payroll of those people that provide the anti virus software. Does my nut! I lost photos...songs....and some really important doc for work.

Grrrr.

:-)

I too get a lot of spam. No viruses, but only gibberish (all English) messages wanting me to click a link and buy stuff. They're easy to spot. These mail are safe to read, even clicking the link is safe *as long as you use good and up-to-date software*. I sometimes read this for fun, just for the laugh :giggle: GMail blocks external content like images and other downloadable stuff unless I give it permission, so when I see the message something's blocked, it's an other clear sign something isn't right.

In the past a few contacts caught a virus, scanned their complete address book and started sending spam from their accounts. This is identity theft and can get quite severe. I usually mail them back when I see that but I also had a view people who absolutely didn't care a hacker had access to their mail and possible all their other accounts on their internet. GMail does a pretty good job at filtering the spam out, but if it gets too much I just block them. It's really their own fault for not caring about what people send in their name to others :unsure:

you can open messages to see what they have in them, but if they have any attachments don't dowload, and don't click any links you don't know either.

There are fake paypal and ebay etc emails just as much as spam bots use your contacts emails to send dodgey links in them now.

I get stacks from banks too! Claiming my internet banking has been deactivated. I dont have internet banking and i am usually not even with the bank that sends it. There is currently one going around claiming to be from inland revenue about a tax rebate. I've told inland revenue but still get them.

When my account was hacked i messaged every single person in my address book to warn them.