cut her gum

<3Jess<3

was just doing my routine check of bella teeth, fur, nails ect and have found a cut on her gum next to a tooth on her bottom jaw its like a flap of skin its very bruised blue and red

im thinking maybe on a stick or bone??

anyway just wondering if something like this is serious enough to take her to the vet

or should i just keep an eye on it also should i try feeding softer foods rice ect? or keep her on her kibble ive already taken away her bones chew toys and water bottles she plays with so she doesnt aggrivate it

any help would be great thanks

hi Jess,can u not get a pic?

poor Bella,does it seem to be bothering her at all?is she eating and drinking ok?

i think i'd be inclined to just keep an eye on it for a day or so,see if it improves,but,obviously keep a check for any sign of infection,although the mouths are very quick healers they are also rife for infections.

Dont know if possible could u dab a little corsydol mouthwash on it.....i'm sure some1 will be along to say if thats something you should do or not with a dog.

good luck,hope it heals quickly

we have ppl mouthwash..dont know if that will work will google it

will also try and take a pic

dont know about food she hasnt eatten today but then she does skip days every now and then she isnt a huge eater...if she hasnt eatten by tomorrow night and its not looking better might call vet

thanks heaps its not a big cut just very bruised lol im just stressing dont like it when my baby hurts herself

corsodyl is ppl mouthwash and its great for gum infections....dentists recommend,so just thought it might help just to dab a little on it.

hope she's feeling better soon,ive said b4,we worry and stress about them more than our human littlies',lol

when your o/h gets in,see if she'll let you have a good look,make sure there is nothing stuck in it,and also,why not give your vet a quick ring and just explain and ask about the antiseptic mouthwash.

if its something or nothing,it'll save you a consultation fee at least :D

yeah ill have to wait till tomorrow its 11:10pm here and this isnt really an emergency ill call in the morning just put some antiseptic on a ear bud and rubbed it on the cut lol she didnt like it but shes been outside digging and dont want her to get infected

okay called the vet he said I can put antiseptic on it and to bring her in but since I just lost my job can't bring her in till Thursday when I get paid. So I've put the antiseptic on and had a look at it this morning and its now starting to look like a big blood blister yesterday it was just a flap of skin really bruised now I think the skin has healed a bit trapping the blood in? I dont know was just worried plus cause its so close to her tooth didnt want her to get infections ect I'm going to keep appling the antiseptic every half hour or so..lol just a worrying muma

225863_2053610105805_1411128240_32491658_744490_n.jpg

Chena cut her gum, right behind her fang and twisted it (pointing out toward her cheek). I took her to the vet and he confirmed she had either broken the bone or the fang within the gum. She's not in any discomfort but the fang has turned purple but straightened out. I'm just watching her to make sure she's not uncomfortable with it but I think she will need to have the tooth out! :(

Chena cut her gum, right behind her fang and twisted it (pointing out toward her cheek). I took her to the vet and he confirmed she had either broken the bone or the fang within the gum. She's not in any discomfort but the fang has turned purple but straightened out. I'm just watching her to make sure she's not uncomfortable with it but I think she will need to have the tooth out! :(

Ouch! hope it all goes okay