Had my first taste of an escaping husky tonight . . .

PolarStorm

I was out walking with Storm tonight and sometimes she would walk around behind me to sniff something and therefore i need to change hands on the lead HOWEVER at this exact moment in time, Storm ran off!!! :o

I was running after her with arms flailing with all good intention of rugby tackling her to the ground when she stopped and realised the lead was flapping around so i grabbed her! Talk about an adrenaline rush . . . I have seen the funny side of it now though when my friend said that she wished she had got a video of my stoopid run!! LOL

Oh, yeah sometimes a flailing lead is a godsend, snagging on stuff allowing you to catch up. :)

Other times the bouncing thing chasing the husky scares the living Crap out of the pooch

and he/she runs even faster and further.

Glad you managed to catch her though. :lol:

Scary when they do a runner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask Dunc LOL!!! it happened to him last year when both of ours ended up off the lead but funny thing was that the two of them were linked together with a link lead between them so as they run off down the main road (on the path) they came across a lamp post and ended up one either side !!!!! so the post stopped them with there chain. Its a wonder they did not bang there heads together LOL. I wasn't there but his mate was and this is the version they gave me.

Another time was at the camp site we have just been to.( not during husky camp) Wolf was out with just collar and lead and slipped his collar. I went legging it after him to no avail !!! Dunc decided to go get Saskia and when he got sight of Wolf running round the park he made the disicion to just sit on the grass with Saskia at his side and Wolf just trotted up to him and sat with them so Dunc got hold of him. In the mean time I WAS BLOODY KNACKERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL after trying to chase him.

Can see the funny side now but wasn't at the time.