12 week old pee problem

Jdarr2113

Hey everyone, I came home for Mothers Day for a few days and I left E-V with my house mates watching her. My one house mate just told me to never leave her again because she is being so bad. I understand I'm like her father n really only listens to me, but he said she is peeing every 15mins on the kitchen floor. Now we do leave her water dish down all day and I'm thinking it might be because of that? But I don't want anything to be wrong. Any info on this?

how old is she? are we talking pup or 1yr +?

she really needs access to water right throughout the day,is your house-mate actually letting her out regularily or leaving her too long between ''wee breaks''

if she is a puppy she will need to go out often,if she isnt,she could maybe be wee-ing for attention....good or bad...because she is missing you.

is it definitely wee and not her knocking her water over or playing in it.

without more info its really hard to offer any advice.

just realised she is only 12wks,she will need lots of wee-breaks,she may well be playing in it too if she is bored.Are they actually playing with her,walking her etc etc?

Well I'm not to sure if they are. One def isn't cause he is the dumbest guy in the world. But Ross is good with her. He takes her on walks and he took her to the sand pit to dig and play and he has let her out all day like I do. So I'm not sure if she is doing it because she is mad that I'm not there because I have been with her every day since she was 6 weeks. But I just didn't know if there was anything that could be wrong about her going that much.

Well I'm not to sure if they are. One def isn't cause he is the dumbest guy in the world. But Ross is good with her. He takes her on walks and he took her to the sand pit to dig and play and he has let her out all day like I do. So I'm not sure if she is doing it because she is mad that I'm not there because I have been with her every day since she was 6 weeks. But I just didn't know if there was anything that could be wrong about her going that much.

every 15mins does seem excessive even in a 12wk pup,but am wondering if it really is every 15 mins or just seems that way,like everytime he goes in the kitchen she's done it again,but,maybe he has been away longer than he thought.

she is either doing it for the attention,or she may have a u.t.i so she obviously cant help wee-ing so often.has he said what she is like throughout the night?

They could just be over estimating how often she's going - now it's them in charge of letting her out it might seem to them like a lot more than when it was someone else doing it. Also they might not be very good at looking for the signs that the pup needs to pee and just keep missing it. Like you said it was you dealing with it all before so they won't necessarily be as good as spotting the signs as you are.

Might wanna buy puppy pads an put them near the dog that way if your room mates don't let her out she can go there. Make sure to praise her if she goes on the puppy pad. Seems our dogs are the same age, the only advantage I have is my puppies litter always went in the porch at the breeders. So I just stick puppy pads in the closet an she goes there.

Don't use puppy pads, all they do is teach the puppy that it's ok to pee and poo inside (I learned this the hard way!). If you've already tried to get your pup to go on pads this may be where the confusion has started and why the pup is now going inside again.