Apparently I know nothing at all.....

calvinandmommy

@ Bec....my intention was not to insult anybody,i haven't explained myself very well

i am not talking about puppy classes,or necassarily people who have took on rescues and are trying to work out their problems

i am talking about people who have a puppy and dont do anything with it regarding training,then months down the line are horrified when they have a dog they cant handle,and then seek a behaviourist wondering what is wrong with their dog!.....thats what i mean about a bad owner.and i'm sorry but in my opinion they are.

We took Nikita to a proffesional last year (so she'd of been about 18-20 months) as up she was getting more and more unruly (I was at the time threatening to re home her due to nipping,snapping and other unwanted behaviours) part of why she wasnt very well trained is due to my husbands job and him not having as much time as we thought he would, I fell pregnant not long after getting her (so rough pregnancy, preemie baby limited the time I could spend) but more importantly we both had different ideas of whats acceptable and how to train so she was getting very confused :giggle:

We only paid about $90 which was for 6 weeks to attempt to teach her the basics, but to me it was money well spent as she calmed down (due to age as well) and was no longer getting mixed signals so I didnt have to get rid of one of my furbabies and Dillon hasnt been hurt or lost his best friend as she'll let him do anything with her (although can still be abit shirty with the older two at times)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! If I wasnt so mad at this woman for being such a no-nothing-no-it-all BULLY! I would be laughing my ass off at the fact that she paid $300 PER SESSION to be fed absolute garbage!!!! :giggle: I have plus 1's you for keeping your cool with this nutter and not kicking her a$$ which is what I would have done and probably gotten myself arrested for assult! But I have to say as far as Im concerned everything you said is exactly right and everything she said and did is wrong and her "training" is nothing short of bullying!!! Steer well clear of the crazy witch and get Calvin a different friend!! <_<

Thank you everybody for you responses. My husband works in the hospital that she works in. He told me that if she tries to talk to him then he is going to tell her how dare she touch our dog like that and to bugger off. He rarely sees her though so I doubt it will happen. But after reading some of the responses I realize that I will grow some girl balls and stand up for myself and my dog next time something like this happens. Also I am never going near that lady again.

Thank you everybody for you responses. My husband works in the hospital that she works in. He told me that if she tries to talk to him then he is going to tell her how dare she touch our dog like that and to bugger off. He rarely sees her though so I doubt it will happen. But after reading some of the responses I realize that I will grow some girl balls and stand up for myself and my dog next time something like this happens. Also I am never going near that lady again.

Thats the way to do it! Strap on a pair! Hehe!

First let me say sorry this is long. And sorry if I kind of babble on.Today Calvin had a play date with a husky that we met a few weeks ago on a walk. Ive never been made to feel like such an idiot before. Hannah (husky's owner, name has been changed) made me feel like anything and everything Ive done with Calvin already is wrong or bad. Her husky's name is Nanook and he is about a year and a half old. Hannah used to live in Las Vegas and she had some trainer come over once a week to train Nanook. Apparently this trainer charged like $300 a session and each session was about an hour long. I thought that was nuts! And also this trainer was crazy strict if Hannah didnt walk Nanook before the trainer gets there or the trainer could see that she wasn't working on Nanook then the trainer would say forget it an leave. The trainer made her clients sign a contract about all this stuff. Well anyways she kept saying "my trainer says to do this or my trainer said to do that." It was crazy annoying. I told Hannah I feed Calvin 3 times a day and she told me that Calvin is going to get fat. She feeds Nanook 1/4 cup a day. Thats it 1/4 cup a day! No wonder I could almost see his ribs. She gave Calvin a Jumbone treat thing without asking me and when I wasn't looking. Calvin can't have those because they upset his stomach. Well Nanook tried to take Calvin's Jumbone away from him and Calvin said no. Hannah jumped in there and immediately started chasing Calvin around the table trying to get him and show he shouldn't run away with treats. Are you serious lady a dog twice his size just tried to take his treat what to you expect. Oh and apparently Calvin running away with his treat his a sign of aggression. If anything I would think that is more of being scared thing being aggressive. She finally caught Calvin and yanked the treat from his mouth and pinned him on his side to the ground. She ended up twisting his foot in the process and started whining and screaming. Hannah just kept going and told me I shouldn't talk to Calvin while she is doing that. I have no problem with somebody showing me another way to train my dog but seriously please ask before you start throwing my dog around.Next after Calvin "calmed down" she let Calvin and Nanook outside. Nanook kept trying to body slam Calvin and Calvin kept barking and sort of baring his teeth at Nanook. I was going to separate the two dogs but Hannah quickly told me no let them. Ok you want me to let my dog show aggression towards your dog but when he shows aggression by keeping his treat away from you thats bad. She kept saying whatever Calvin was doing was aggression. I was getting really irritated. When she pinned him down he was fighting it by putting his feet on her so that aggression too. Oh yeah and digging is aggression.One more thing. I make frozen treats for Calvin sometimes that have bananas, strawberries, yogurt, and honey. I told her about them and of course before I could finish telling her about the treats she told me that yogurt is bad for dogs. That confused the heck out of me. Yogurt Ive been told is good for dogs!

Now I know Im probably not the greatest trainer fro my dog but Im doing the best I can. I definitely don't like a lady saying anything and everything I do is wrong. Anyways needless to say Im not going over there again. She talks loud and is very demanding. And they have this crazy loud bird so I have a headache now. Just thought I would tell you all about my crazy day.

Um...how old was this know-it-all-know-nothing girl? 14?

She was very very wrong in what she did to Calvin. I would have not been pleased and told her to get away from my dog. I promptly would take my dog and leave, letting her know I'd never contact her again. What a horrible person, and she must be pretty stupid to pay $300 for a trainer who walks out if the dog doesn't do what it's told.

wow i am shocked by that... all i can say is you touch my dogs ill break ya face...no one ever touches my dogs like that ... and no one ever takes food away from my dogs except me

to qoute what you said... "Now I know Im probably not the greatest trainer fro my dog but Im doing the best I can"

thats all any of us do for our dogs ... the best we can ... so join the majority...

dunno about anyone else but to me a dog running off with food is either scared or a sign of possesion... def not agression..

as Bec said .. dont worry about being rude.... you do what you feel is right for you and your dogs not what some ignorant stuck up person thinks...if you are not happy with the way someone is being with your dogs ..well its your right to stop them .. how ever you feel ... and never ever feel guilty for it..

i wont kick a dog or treat it like it badly or show any kind of shite like that but to protect my girls ..then hell yeah i will and if it means the owner gets it aswell.. then so be it..

my girls are my world... and no one !!!! not even me has the right to treat them like that....