how many of you actually DONT have pet insurance?

BingBlaze n Skyla

like Dunc said ours are insured. I like the fact that for peace of mind I don't have to worry if any of mine get out and god forbid caused a traffic accident or attacked farm animals or anything. I understand where people are coming from when they need to g to the vets and you still have to pay the x-cess that can be anything from £50 to £250 but along the same line you could pay home insurance or building insurance all your life and never claim? So at the end of the day its personal choice . I personally prefer peace of mind and my insurance is only £6.50 a month per dog which I think is nothing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you're in a position that you could pay a thousand pounds in vets bills without being in a seriously difficult situation..then fair enough....but if not, then i'd prob always say insure. Its scary when you actually see a vets bill growing! The amount it can reach are phenomenal! And the worst thing i ever did at the vets was having to PTS a GSD puppy because the owners hadnt vaccinated, got parvo and they couldnt afford the predicted cost of 400 pounds minimum. It was awful and i would never want to be in that positon.

I'd give up everything to pay vets bills, dont get me wrong, but if i'm insured....i'll never need to.

Our vet is relatively cheap so I havn't needed insurance yet, but I know there is always a chance I will need it. My mother's vet comes out to her stables every week to check up on any animals my mum is concerned about and she has a massive business discount with them so my dogs are all registered with that too.