Do you consider this child abuse?

davidjk

i personally think this is disgraceful.

A British woman, originally from Birmingham and now living in San Francisco, has admitted to giving her eight-year-old daughter Botox injections to 'get rid of her wrinkles'.

Kerry Campbell told ‘Good Morning America’ she injects her daughter Britney to help her keep up in the intensively competitive world of the child beauty pageant circuit.

According to Kerry, 34, Britney has become used to the injections and is fine with them, but Britney revealed she used to cry when she first had the procedure.

full story follw link

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/mother-gives-botox-injections-to-her-eightyearold-daughter-blog-81-yahoo-lifestyles.html

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, without a doubt!!!!! I dislike child beauty pageants with a passion. I watched a program on these pageants once, and was horrified at how these children live and how vain and competitive they are at 5 years old. I cannot understand how parents can let their children become so immersed in them, to the exclusion of everything else.

What is wrong with some people?! That poor child! I don't understand how people can call themselves parents when they do such horrible things to their children! Someone needs to slap that girls parents silly. Or "accidently" throw them off a cliff. Ugh that's just sickening.

There is a programme called Toddlers and Tiaras on Sky about the beauty pageants. I felt quite uncomfortable for the kids - thought it was a bit creepy. This just makes it completely creepy - why doesn't someone object? I REALLY hope this doesn't become fashionable over here.

I just read this comment posted on that article:

Well done. I'm glad there are some people out there who realise that there is NOTHING more important than beauty for a girl/woman. If I had an ugly daughter I'd certainly send her for INTENSIVE plastic surgery, if she was still ugly I'd put her up for adoption immediately. I can't imagine what life would be like for an average looking person. It must be so hard.

Yes, without a doubt!!!!! I dislike child beauty pageants with a passion. I watched a program on these pageants once, and was horrified at how these children live and how vain and competitive they are at 5 years old. I cannot understand how parents can let their children become so immersed in them, to the exclusion of everything else.

I think it's that the parents are so very vain and shallow themselves - how can the kids not be that way?! Parents (moms?) wanting to live through their children! A sad commentary on society, in general, but I'm glad that it isn't ALL of society, and hopefully just a very small but very visible portion of it... unsure.gif

I just read this comment posted on that article:

Well done. I'm glad there are some people out there who realise that there is NOTHING more important than beauty for a girl/woman. If I had an ugly daughter I'd certainly send her for INTENSIVE plastic surgery, if she was still ugly I'd put her up for adoption immediately. I can't imagine what life would be like for an average looking person. It must be so hard.

lmao!! oh my god how sad is this meff? i dont particularly like kids but i like beauty pageants even less... theres tooo many adulty clothes in the shops for kids on the high street... high heels and padded bras for 8 year olds. quite repulsive BUT, they are a business and if some mother is sad/stupid enough to bypass their kids childhood in the name of beauty and fashion.... I class myself as average looking, i've had male attention and damn good fun ahem cough cough lol and am in a relationship with someone who finds me sexy so :mstickle: to the person who would give their ugly kid up for adoption

omg i can't believe this!!!

what's that child going to be like when she's older? I mean kids get bullied say if they're fat and this can lead them down the road of getting eating disorders etc - how far is this poor girl going to have to go to please her mum!

Why can't people just let kids be kids ffs!!!!! At 8 hell i was climbing trees and playing with my barbie and cindy dolls etc :(

Child abuse for sure, I have 3 kids, all boys, but if I had a girl there is no way I would put her through that, and If they think their child is ugly enough to need plastic surgery then obviously their self esteem is damn low if non existent. It is sad how some parents have to live their dreams through their children and IMO beauty pageants are nothing but a sure way to give a child image issues, as if there isn't enough of that going around already.

:arghh: sick cow (was going o use ALOT stronger words) I dont know how anyone can do something like that to their kids, it breaks my heart when mine come out with something negative about their looks/body but I do teh best thing a parent can, I reassure them they are great just as they are