Do you consider this child abuse?

davidjk

Child abuse for sure, I have 3 kids, all boys, but if I had a girl there is no way I would put her through that, and If they think their child is ugly enough to need plastic surgery then obviously their self esteem is damn low if non existent. It is sad how some parents have to live their dreams through their children and IMO beauty pageants are nothing but a sure way to give a child image issues, as if there isn't enough of that going around already.

For me with my 12 yr old boy and 10 yr old girl, its actually my son I have more problems with saying he's ugly, fat etc and he's proper scrawny

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that image issues does affect more males than you would think, I am worried about that with my boys, may have a few more years to wait yet, but as long as their fit and healthy, even if they weren't I know I will still love them. I guess the only thing we can do when they are like that is re assure them that there is nothing wrong with them?

I guess you could always get other family members to give him some encouragement? I know if my boys turn out like their father they will be stubborn as well, i know my 5 year old is, my middle child is still at that age where females are considered boys in his eyes and my youngest is only just starting to talk, so that's how long I've got to figure out what I'm going to do if it happens to them.

She should think about the message she is sending to her daughter. "You are not beautiful as you are, you need makeup, Botox, ect to be beautiful." What if she doesn't even like being in beauty pageants?! Maybe that child wants a normal childhood! Also, has anyone said anything about what is going to happen to her face as she gets older and her face grows? What if, because of those injections, she has some kind of deformity from not continuing those injections? I hope she gets adopted by a nice family that will tell her how beautiful she is just the way she is every day, and that she gets the counseling she needs to recover from what her mother did to her. I hope she doesn't go back to her mother.

The child has now been taken away from the mother

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13423966

i bet the girl did not look surprised at that! lol sorry i know its not something to joke about, but i reckon the damage has been done. for a kid to wash her hands and say shes got wrinkles is bizarre in itself cos i bet not many bathroom mirrors are at kid height!

this link? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389749/Mini-mighty-Meet-Britains-strongest-schoolgirl-11-going-weightlifting-gold.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

i think this could have serious effects on her skeleton, all the stress she is putting on it.

having said that a fit human being should be able to lift 1.5 x their own weight

WITHOUT A DOUBT, GOD YES. HOW MANY EIGHT YEAR OLDS HAVE BLOODY WINKLES. WHAT IS IT ABOUT THESE SILLY PAGEANTS. CHILDREN ARE NOT TROPHIES TO SHOW OFF. OMG. NEVER HEARD OF THEM HEAR IN TH UK AS OF YET BUT AS WE SEEM TO GET EVERYTHING FROM THE US SOONER OR LATER I SUPPOSE ITS ONLY AS MATTER OF TIME. GOD FORBID!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i personally think this is disgraceful.

A British woman, originally from Birmingham and now living in San Francisco, has admitted to giving her eight-year-old daughter Botox injections to 'get rid of her wrinkles'.

Kerry Campbell told ‘Good Morning America’ she injects her daughter Britney to help her keep up in the intensively competitive world of the child beauty pageant circuit.

According to Kerry, 34, Britney has become used to the injections and is fine with them, but Britney revealed she used to cry when she first had the procedure.

full story follw link

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/mother-gives-botox-injections-to-her-eightyearold-daughter-blog-81-yahoo-lifestyles.html

I remember reading a follow up story about this where it came out that it was all a hoax to get money off the us networks for her story! The networks have since refused to pay her (not sure how true that is - read it in the metro). But still how can you even consider giving a child this treatment!

I work at a cosmetic surgery clinic where we administer botox and we wouldnt even advise considering it until someone is at least in their 30s and were 100% sure they wanted it and if we were sure they needed it, they have to go through a full consultation process and if we dont think its going to help them we wont sell it. I think the thought of telling a child (or anyone for that matter) that they need botox can have a serious psychological effect and then administering it yourself is compeltely wrong on all levels!!!

x