Apparently I'm rude for not adding a stranger!

Elmo

Got a random friend request from someone with 16 mutual friends, so I messaged them...

ME: Who are you?

HER: I know beth and Karen. Used to be part of SHWA

ME: But you dont know me? You haven't actually spoken to me in any way shape or form since this message?

HER: Nope

Just a fellow husky owner

ME: No offence love but if I dont know you, never spoken to you, I dont add you, simple as.

HER: No need to be rude love. I was just trying to be friendly.

Hmmmm, so you just randomly sending a request to someone you have never spoken to, never seen or heard of on a husky forum and expect to be blindly added just cos you own the same breed as me. :duh:

It just a little bit too weird to others as well? In this day and age of social networks, do people like yourselves on here just add people for the sake of it? I don't like adding people unless I have at least spoken to them or know them through here or Sibespace, and again if I have interacted with them.

No surprise I've blocked the silly mare....:monkeydance:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erm yeh loads of people add others just cos got same breed .. i had over a 1000 friends and it got out of hand so deleted most .now i only accept if known.. or HO members or runn their dogs ..so there is chance i may meet them at a rally one day in UK

I'm the same. To be honest, the whole "friending" think needs to be called different because it means anything except a friend. On Hyves (Dutch Facebook wannabe) I have 28 people added as a friend. I've met all of them. However some of them are having more than 400 friends :eek: You can't know so many people! The whole number of amount of friends is completely meaningless to me. Maybe it's a show-off? "Look how many I have!" Or are some people just very obsessed with Pokémon? "Gotta catch them all!" :D

At the end of the day if I dont know them I dont add them, simple as.

I half expceted her to be a Little Dropper, so messaged her to confirm. I get FRs from those that play the same games as me, but they get denied straight off. I have got gamers on my friend list but they are those I speak to, even some are my 'adoptees' from a particular game that I was assigned to help start up in the game. I don't like getting FRs from absolute strangers, especially those that think I'm rude for the sake of asking who the hell they are!

Maybe it's a show-off? "Look how many I have!" Or are some people just very obsessed with Pokémon? "Gotta catch them all!" :D

Yeah there are some like that for sure. I've seen some in their thousands, you can't surely know that many people!

I have approx 330 friends, from work, HO, school, uni, BTBs, developers and old time gamers that joined particular games from the very beginning with me...

That is a lot for me and only tend to add the odd person maybe once a fortnight if they appear on friend suggestions and I do truely know them.

I just tried to look for you and I can't even find you :busted::dog3:

My FB privacy settings are as high as they can be. I think you can only find me if you have a certain amount of mutual friends with me, and even then it will be hard to find me...:P

ME: No offence love but if I dont know you, never spoken to you, I dont add you, simple as.

Hmmm... To be honest I'm kind of on her side. It's alright not wanting to add someone on facebook but rather than going with the "No Offence love" (because I don't know about anyone else but I find it very patronising if someone calls me "love") you could have just bluntly said "I'm sorry but I don't know you and I only add friends I know in real life".

They could have been adding you hoping that they would have the opporunity to get to know you and be your friend so that's probably why they considered you being a bit rude.

Stacey xxx

EDIT: I have lots of H-O people on my facebook and loads of random Husky Owners too. They just add me and I just accept because it's the opportunity to make new friends. Though the other day it was really funny because someone posted on my wall "I love you" and Robyn thought it was someone that I had been talking to and I had to explain that I'd never even spoken to them lol!

I have lots of H-O people on my facebook and loads of random Husky Owners too. They just add me and I just accept because it's the opportunity to make new friends. Though the other day it was really funny because someone posted on my wall "I love you" and Robyn thought it was someone that I had been talking to and I had to explain that I'd never even spoken to them lol!

LOL awkward......

I don't find it patronising being called love, I thought I was blunt enough and simple enough to understand as it was.

Mind you if she thought that message was rude she would have needed to bleach her eyes with some of the statuses I can make! LOL

I used to be on a site called inked nation, i met my now partner on there and my best friend, but only threough accepting invites from total strangers,....and i am glad i did :D ....but on fb i only have people i actually know and family apart from nix and simon who i have as friends on here,...but i think its up to the individual :) i mean i see it like this if after a while of accepting a stranger on my friends list i then dont like them then i remove them but maybe they might be great and i have made a new friend :D , ....but its not rude to say no, sorry i dont add people i dont know, thats fine :)