Let's Post the Positives!

Staceybob

Ok so I was looking through the New Software section and I can see why it is depressing @Marc (having been in a similar position myself with my forum) so I decided to make a positive thread where everyone can say the things that they like or LOVE about the new software.

NOT BUTS AND IFS - JUST POSITIVES PLEASE!

Let's put a smile on everyones face that has helped with the New Software change over.

:wave1:

:heartbeat: The Notifications of threads. It has made keeping up with threads soooo much easier!!!

:heartbeat: The new way for posting images - whilst I was reluctant to lose the gallery, I actually love the way we can post pictures!

:heartbeat: I love the fact that we can "Like" posts now instead of giving rep. I think rep became to much of a label, where as now it's nice to just like something someone writes!

:heartbeat: The Efficiency of staff at the moment. We are getting answers and solutions very quickly.

:heartbeat: Tagging people! Such an easy way to let people know they're wanted!

Stacey xxx

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that things are alerted more because sometimes I can't find the threads I was posting in quickly and if I have a reply that helps a lot. I love the way the pics are posted, I like how the threads are down the side instead of above the shout box so I don't have to scroll down to see it.

I also really like the like system :)

Im in love with the way we post pics, the previous galleries were all very slow for me and would often freeze my craptop, this is going to save me a lot of faffing about C&Ping BBcodes from imageshack, also the loading time for them to show when you view a thread is barely anything, whereas before they would take forever and the page would jump around. Im guessing this is because the pictures are on the server rather than being downloaded from elsewhere

I like that sigs only show once per page, it means the loading time is faster and the pages dont jump around so much, plus it means that people can have bigger sigs and it wont annoy everyone so much lol

I love the mini profile views, they're pretty cool :)

It looks nicer in general, a bit sleeker I guess

Love the alerts, means you never miss when someone has repped you or quoted you

I like the way how email notifications work! On the previous software when I was subscribed to a topic I got an email for each response made in that topic. So 20 replies where posted, I got 20 emails. It was quite normal for me to wake up in the morning and being greeted by 100+ new mails waiting for me to be read. Now with XenForo I only get one mail when the thread get unread, nothing more until I read that thread in my own time :)

(Something like that was possible on the previous forum but was called delayed notifications, and didn't send you anything when you where online on the board - which was annoying me)

Oh, and getting notifications when someone likes your post :)

I feel it is more tidy somehow, easy to read, easy to search, love the quick picture upload & new smilies, the alerts is a great feature to let you know which post was liked, you never really knew before, so that'll let people know their posts are appreciated - a major step forward in my eyes for the next generation of Husky Owners members! :wolf:

Love the ability to look at your likes / reps and see who gave them and for what post all the way back to the beginning.

suhwheeeeeeeeet :cup::wave1:

I love...

:lovebone: The smilies!!!

:doglick: The alert notification system (if somebody quotes you, likes a post of yours, etc)

:heartbeat: It seems to be faster.

:thankyou: The layout is sleek and more streamlined than the old forum.

So all around...

:goodjob:

:grouphug: