Smartest breed. Whats your point?

Divinix

Darwin worked out the mechanics of how to open the living room windows.

Nudge the locking bar off the bottom with his nose,

Then turn the handle a quarter turn with his teeth.

That's not just intelligent, it's problem solving intelligent.

If he had thumbs he'd be working for N.A.S.A.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who Says Huskies aren’t smart!!!

Five men were bragging about how smart their dogs were. One was an engineer, the second man was an accountant, the third man was a chemist, the fourth was an IT consultant, and the fifth was a local government officer.

To show off, the engineer called to his fox terrier. "T-square, do your stuff."

T-square trotted over to a desk, took out some paper and a pen and

promptly drew a circle, a square, and a triangle.

Everyone agreed that was pretty incredible.

But the accountant said his border collie could do better. He called to his dog and commanded "Spreadsheet, do your stuff." Spreadsheet went out into the kitchen and returned with a dozen cakes. He divided them into 4 equal piles of 3 cakes each.

Everyone agreed that was good.

But the chemist said his dog could do better. He called to his poodle and said, "Measure, do your stuff." Measure got up, walked over to the fridge, took out a pint of milk, got a half pint glass from the cupboard and poured exactly half a pint without spilling a drop.

Everyone agreed that was more than a little impressive.

The IT Consultant tech knew he could top them all with his basenji. "Hard Drive, have at it." Hard Drive crossed the room and booted the computer, checked for viruses, upgraded the operating system, sent an email, and installed a cool new game.

Everyone knew that was a tough act to follow.

Then the four men turned to the local government officer and said, "What can

your dog do?"

The local government officer called to his Siberian Husky and said, "Tea Break, do your stuff!" Tea Break jumped to his feet, ripped up T Square’s paper and peed on the pieces, ate Spreadsheet’s cakes, drank Measure’s milk, erased all Hard Drive’s files on the computer, sexually assaulted the other four dogs, claimed he injured his back while doing so, filed a grievance report for unsafe working conditions, put in for Disability Benefit and went home for a six-month sick leave.

Mick

LMAO there is no part of that story that isnt hylarious!!!!! :rofl::doglaugh:

You all have great points :)

that's exactly why I got a husky in the first place, they don't follow instructions blindly and are very independent

I told her if my husky was stuck in a labyrinth she would look for the best way possible to get out while her border collie will probably accept it or wait until command

Not to be cruel

But Theoretically speaking of course.

My mothers four collies would just knock down the walls or clamber over. lol, they are total nutters!

It pays to keep in mind I guess that people are always ever so proud of their own "babies" - furry or not.

When the new mother holds up the most revolting meat-bag of bones skin and spit you've ever seen, that looks like someone boiled a saveloy too long; to them, that really IS the most beautiful baby in the world.

The way in which we measure dog intelligence is definitely interesting though. My two can work out in no time flat exact how to operate doors, work as a team to escape, do puzzles almost instantly, etc. But if you were to look at them right now, one is barking at a ball that is stuck under the couch, hoping that it will scare the ball into coming out and playing, while the other is trying to lick his shadow on the wall, heh.

There is a great saying among exprienced mushers "tell a team of border collies to gee and you will go right, tell a team of huskies to gee and they will wait for the break in the trees" so you tell me which breed is smarter!? ;)

I love that! Never heard it before, but I have never been around mushers :)

Who Says Huskies aren’t smart!!!

Five men were bragging about how smart their dogs were. One was an engineer, the second man was an accountant, the third man was a chemist, the fourth was an IT consultant, and the fifth was a local government officer.

To show off, the engineer called to his fox terrier. "T-square, do your stuff."

T-square trotted over to a desk, took out some paper and a pen and

promptly drew a circle, a square, and a triangle.

Everyone agreed that was pretty incredible.

But the accountant said his border collie could do better. He called to his dog and commanded "Spreadsheet, do your stuff." Spreadsheet went out into the kitchen and returned with a dozen cakes. He divided them into 4 equal piles of 3 cakes each.

Everyone agreed that was good.

But the chemist said his dog could do better. He called to his poodle and said, "Measure, do your stuff." Measure got up, walked over to the fridge, took out a pint of milk, got a half pint glass from the cupboard and poured exactly half a pint without spilling a drop.

Everyone agreed that was more than a little impressive.

The IT Consultant tech knew he could top them all with his basenji. "Hard Drive, have at it." Hard Drive crossed the room and booted the computer, checked for viruses, upgraded the operating system, sent an email, and installed a cool new game.

Everyone knew that was a tough act to follow.

Then the four men turned to the local government officer and said, "What can

your dog do?"

The local government officer called to his Siberian Husky and said, "Tea Break, do your stuff!" Tea Break jumped to his feet, ripped up T Square’s paper and peed on the pieces, ate Spreadsheet’s cakes, drank Measure’s milk, erased all Hard Drive’s files on the computer, sexually assaulted the other four dogs, claimed he injured his back while doing so, filed a grievance report for unsafe working conditions, put in for Disability Benefit and went home for a six-month sick leave.

Mick

Seriously, this made my day, and I had a pretty bad day.

THANK YOU! <3

So your friend likes lists? Give her a list! *searches in the net for a while* AHA! You see?! Siberian husky conquers the number one spot in "the most beautiful breed" list! >.< and tell your friend; the most intelligent doesn't mean the most trainable. Usually the smarter the breed the harder to train bcoz they use their intelligence NOT to follow your commands =P

But if you were to look at them right now, one is barking at a ball that is stuck under the couch, hoping that it will scare the ball into coming out and playing, while the other is trying to lick his shadow on the wall, heh.

ROFLMAO I soooooo know where you're coming from. :)