Hi!

USMCSergeant

Hello my name is Keena, and I live in central NC. I just adopted a 1 year old male siberian husky about a week ago. I found this site doing research on my dog before I picked him up, and I've lurked around here awhile. I decided to join when his behavior suddenly changed, I will post another thread about that in the behavior section. Here are some pics.

Tyson

tyson3.jpg

tyson.jpg

Hi, Keena and Tyson and :welcome:! Tyson is a handsome guy! Post away with your questions, and we'll do our best to help out...

Did you get him from a Siberian rescue group? If so, they might be another and closer resource for you to get some hands-on help...

Aggression? Wow now THAT'S a problem :confused: but guess what? It can be fixed! :clap: I'll search 4 ur post in the behavior section and show u wha u can do, 'kay? Tyson is a handsome husky btw :D

Thanks I really hope so. I think he's upset that my female chow is allowed inside the house and he's in the garage alone. That started today, and that's when this behavior started. I have been painting and remodeling and the dogs couldn't be inside with all those hazardous materials laying about. I'll just move the chow in the garage with him and I think that will do the trick, he doesn't enjoy being alone. Luckily our garage is insulated very well and stays very cool even in mid summer, and they will be allowed in the house some also. Hopefully that will do it.

I can't find ur post :( where is it? btw RU really sure your dogs like each other? Chow is a dominant breed, husky is a dominant breed. If they're the same sex there are a lot of chances they will fight if left alone unsupervised. What about reading more on "how to be an alpha" in dog training websites? That should keep both of your dogs calm =)

Welcome, a HUGE well done

for taking on Tyson.

Hope to see you around on here. :)

I see now how it looks like they will be together unsupervised in the garage. Both dogs are crate trained, and when my wife or myself are not at home to watch them, they are in the crates. Which isn't a very long period of time with our work schedules. Usually someone is home or on the way home here :)

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get the issue resolved.

• 1 year later...