6 Sibes off the Lead!!

basketcase687

Here is a video of 6 huskies,2 separate packs,(3 belonging to us)all off lead together.The video was filmed by my daughter with a mobile phone,so it's a bit shaky,but you get the picture!!

*Warning*

It is generally not advisable to let huskies off leads,and this video is not intended to encourage owners to do so,so please do not attempt to copy what we are doing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's a beautiful site, I am curious what might have happened if each ran off in a different direction?

Quite simply,they never run off.This is the place they are exercised 365 days a year.They are off lead every day here.Neither ourselves or Graham,the other owner ever have problems with them off lead.Any dog can run away.My sister has a golden retriever,but he is not good off lead.Dogs are like people,they are all individuals,all have their own unique character and personality.Hopefully,we know our own dogs better than anyone else!!

Quite simply,they never run off.This is the place they are exercised 365 days a year.They are off lead every day here.Neither ourselves or Graham,the other owner ever have problems with them off lead.Any dog can run away.My sister has a golden retriever,but he is not good off lead.Dogs are like people,they are all individuals,all have their own unique character and personality.Hopefully,we know our own dogs better than anyone else!!

Whilst I appreciate seeing your video, you have your own opinions regarding huskies being offllead. However I would not be saying things in such a way as to make people think it is ok to let their huskies offlead as the general advice from almost every source is not to do so. I am not going to slate for you doing so yourself, as you clearly have very good control of your huskies at a first glance, however bare in mind the impression you may give to others who may not have the same luxury.

Whilst I appreciate seeing your video, you have your own opinions regarding huskies being offllead. However I would not be saying things in such a way as to make people think it is ok to let their huskies offlead as the general advice from almost every source is not to do so. I am not going to slate for you doing so yourself, as you clearly have very good control of your huskies at a first glance, however bare in mind the impression you may give to others who may not have the same luxury.

As I said before,hopefully you all know your own dogs best .I am sure that most husky owners are very aware of the rule that generally you should not let huskies off their leads.Over the last couple of years ,we have come across quite a number of people who DO let their huskies off lead.That is for each individual to decide,please be assured we are certainly not trying to encourage anyone to copy us.

I am sure that most husky owners are very aware of the rule that generally you should not let huskies off their leads.

And this is where you seem to be misunderstanding the forum. There are a lot of people come here who are looking into the breed to find out more information, therefore no not everyone will know. Which it why I ask you to bare in mind the impression you give to others when posting things like this. As I have said before, what you do is your business and you seem to have control very well, however you MUST state that it is not recommended and make this extremly clear in your posts when posting things like this. The title itself does give the impression that it is a good thing to do, which for the majority of people it is definately not.

We take on board your message.We are new to this website,we assumed it was all about husky owners, but we are proud of our well behaved dogs.We wanted to share this with others.Most of our videos feature our dogs off lead,so for future postings we shall add a health warning if you think that's better,as we certainly don't want to create the wrong impression.

We take on board your message.We are new to this website,we assumed it was all about husky owners, but we are proud of our well behaved dogs.We wanted to share this with others.Most of our videos feature our dogs off lead,so for future postings we shall add a health warning if you think that's better,as we certainly don't want to create the wrong impression.

Thankyou .. And of course you should be proud that your dogs are well behaved :)

First off all welcome to the pack. Great Vid

I too allow both my girls off lead, Willow any where she is excerlant but she is Husky x Collie . Akia is full sib i can have her off lead on the beach but don't trust her anywhere else where there are rabbits ...lol Thats all she seems interested in is the holes not the rabbit but there homes she digs them up...lol

First off all welcome to the pack. Great Vid

I too allow both my girls off lead, Willow any where she is excerlant but she is Husky x Collie . Akia is full sib i can have her off lead on the beach but don't trust her anywhere else where there are rabbits ...lol Thats all she seems interested in is the holes not the rabbit but there homes she digs them up...lol

Thank you Laura,nice to hear.We don't want to give anyone the wrong impression when it comes to letting huskies off the lead,but are just showing people how it is with ours.:)

hi there firstly fab video i love it :)

all dogs well behaved , myslf and my mate also a husky owner

will let our dogs off lead over our local fields , they have a great time

they get more exercise when they play off lead.. but if we see other dogs we dont know

they go back on leads just to be safe , i know this kind topic stirs alot of mixed feelings

every owner knows their dog best , they know if they can trust and yes occassionly you

get one that trys out their luck , just like kids pmsl ,. but saying that if i was anywhere else

i wouldnt let mine off lead if i didnt know the area or dogs never been there. only where i know our comfort zone is , but its great to see them thumbs up. :clap:

hi there firstly fab video i love it :)

all dogs well behaved , myslf and my mate also a husky owner

will let our dogs off lead over our local fields , they have a great time

they get more exercise when they play off lead.. but if we see other dogs we dont know

they go back on leads just to be safe , i know this kind topic stirs alot of mixed feelings

every owner knows their dog best , they know if they can trust and yes occassionly you

get one that trys out their luck , just like kids pmsl ,. but saying that if i was anywhere else

i wouldnt let mine off lead if i didnt know the area or dogs never been there. only where i know our comfort zone is , but its great to see them thumbs up. :clap:

Hi There,

Thanks for your comments.As you say,this can be a touchy subject,but we do trust our dogs off lead.Like yourselves,we are wary of strange dogs etc,but can honestly say they listen very well and have never mindlessly ran off.But we are not saying everyone else try it!!:doglick:

Thank you for the above,Our friends little west highland white terrier was hit and killed by a car last week.He got excited and ran off. We thank you for reminding us of the dangers of letting any dog off the lead.

Nice video, I personally wouldn't do it and would consider it a danger to have such a large pack off the lead all at once as they could quite easily take the pack instinct and start to hunt.

Stacey xxx

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your comments.Have to admit they have once caught a baby rabbit but that's been about it!

We very much welcome,value and appreciate everyones different comments and opinions,that is afterall, why we joined this site.We have been amazed at the number of viewings this video has had,and apologize if we have annoyed, upset, or given anyone the wrong impression by posting this videos.:eek:That was never our intention,we are new to this site and simply wanted to show some beautiful dogs enjoying a walk together.

We are aware that it is generally not advisable to let huskies off lead,and are certainly not advising or suggesting anyone else should try this. Seems this video should have come with a health warning!.Any future ones most definitely will. Most of our videos show our dogs off lead,and we did want to post some more,but not sure now we will,as we do not want to get into any further controversial discussions on this subject!.No harm or offence intended honest!!

Once again,thank you for your comments,

Karen.x;)

very nice video. lovely to have the trust to have them off lead

Hi David,

Thank you for your kind comments.We are beginning to think we should not have posted this vid,certainly should have had a health warning with it,but hey,we are new to this and we all make mistakes!!.Seems we are in the minority.:eek:As you say,it is nice to have their trust,and that is exactly what we do,wrong or right,it works for us.

Thanks again,

Karen and Jon.x:)