6 Sibes off the Lead!!

basketcase687

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take offence to the comments here. I'm sure you know just as well as we do what kind of breed Siberians are. If you feel you can trust them enough to let them off lead like that that's great for you!

The people we want to discourage are those who don't see Huskies for the driven breed they are and think the majority of Huskies are just "bad" or badly owned and they have superior dogs who are ace off lead just because. Those are the people who generally don't know the risks they're taking by doing so. I can let Mickey off lead as long as i'm engaging with him. Otherwise he does go off and wander and will find something more interesting.

Hi There,

Just to let you know, we have now added a warning to our video,it has had so many viewings we thought it advisable.

Thanks,

Karen and Jon

Thankyou both, very much appreciated :)

great video.. and it is nice to see them off lead.. personally and this is just my own opinion but had you been wearing them out running before off leadwalking .. because for a husky being off lead they all seemed very calm..especially as none of them were elderly ..and unlike any husky i have met yet..

most huskies well certainly mine go mad as soon as they see their collars.. and have so much energy.. even after a long run my 2 younger girls are not that calm to walk like that ..

and yours just didnt seem to be that interested in running and playing especially as their is 6 of them...

as i said this is just my own opinion and observation ...

but then maybe cos i run mine i have turned them into speed freaks ...lol

great video.. and it is nice to see them off lead.. personally and this is just my own opinion but had you been wearing them out running before off leadwalking .. because for a husky being off lead they all seemed very calm..especially as none of them were elderly ..and unlike any husky i have met yet..

most huskies well certainly mine go mad as soon as they see their collars.. and have so much energy.. even after a long run my 2 younger girls are not that calm to walk like that ..

and yours just didnt seem to be that interested in running and playing especially as their is 6 of them...

as i said this is just my own opinion and observation ...

but then maybe cos i run mine i have turned them into speed freaks ...lol

Hi There,

Thank you for your comments, and observations.No we hadn't been wearing them out before their walk!!.The day was fairly warm,and that usually seems to slow them down.Prior to the start of the vid,they had been out for about 20 mins and had been running through a wood.They do have their mad moments of course,you can check a couple of our other vids,especially the one in the snow,and they are running around quite a bit there.

They don't go crazy when they see their leads,sometimes we have to coax Sass to leave her bed!!They usually have a run off lead,every morning, for about an hour each day,and sometimes I take them again in the evening for 30 mins or so,but they don't really need it.Most people who visit us are amazed at what a bunch of sleepy heads they are,usually horizontal!!.Hey,who knows,maybe they are not true huskies,just husky lookalikes!!:D

They don't go crazy when they see their leads,sometimes we have to coax Sass to leave her bed!!They usually have a run off lead,every morning, for about an hour each day,and sometimes I take them again in the evening for 30 mins or so,but they don't really need it.Most people who visit us are amazed at what a bunch of sleepy heads they are,usually horizontal!!.Hey,who knows,maybe they are not true huskies,just husky lookalikes!!:D

There was me thinking I was lucky to have one sleepy husky and you've got 3! Especially in the warmer weather (Istanbul can get very very hot, even at night) a half hour run around is all Nadia will put up with and after a 4 hour run-around on Sunday night she's still asleep now!

Great video by the way, I wish I could trust my girl off lead in a place like that but for us it's impossible, our dozy doggie wakes up pretty quickly if she sees a cat or a squirrel!

There was me thinking I was lucky to have one sleepy husky and you've got 3! Especially in the warmer weather (Istanbul can get very very hot, even at night) a half hour run around is all Nadia will put up with and after a 4 hour run-around on Sunday night she's still asleep now!

Great video by the way, I wish I could trust my girl off lead in a place like that but for us it's impossible, our dozy doggie wakes up pretty quickly if she sees a cat or a squirrel!

Thank you for your kind comments.xx

Great vid :)

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your comment.We actually messed up that day big time.!!Jon thought he was filming the dogs right from the start of the walk,which would have be amazing,as they were all running together through a wood initially.However,sadly,he forgot to press the record button!!:mad:(Typical!!)

All we had then was the tail end of the walk,which luckily my daughter managed to film.:clap:

Karen.XX.