Should I rescue Red Rita?

Removed #2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone for the comments and support.:wave1: I think, without saying a word, we really expected to be adding to the pack. It feels like we are doing the right thing. We do not look for perfection in a pack member...as we always say we are home to the animals with special needs...Andy is neurotic (just like my black lab Logan was) and Jackson is very ADD. Both have issues, but who wouldn't if you had lived in five homes or been tied out on a stake in a yard for your entire life? :arghh:No matter what troubles our boys bring us, they have their furever homes, and we promised them that the day we brought them home. It wasn't easy with Jackson either, as we knew little at the time about them deciding on pack order between the dogs. We thought they would just snuggle in and love each other. That took a while, but they do love each now!:yahoo: I know that the right addition will come along, and it doesn't really matter what color she is, or how old she is. We are simply seeking a sister who can pull her weight (along with our future sled :clap:). We've made the choice to have dogs, HUSKIES...so that means we make the choice to not take long vacations....to not stay away from home too long, and to not have a very clean home....:doglaugh:. Just lovin' our pups is what we do best and it is what makes us a family!!!:grouphug:

thats the thing - if its meant to happen it will happen - like when we were looking for skyla - we were going to see a white male first n that fell thru - then we started looking at any pup - didnt matter what colour but all were either gone, or dad said no - then fate came n a friend sent me the txt about skyla n dad said 'do what u want' (which is a yes in his terms) and we ended up with skyla - i called and looked at SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many other dogs before skyla - i belive i was meant to get her - so when the time is right you will also find ur girl :)

thats the thing - if its meant to happen it will happen - like when we were looking for skyla - we were going to see a white male first n that fell thru - then we started looking at any pup - didnt matter what colour but all were either gone, or dad said no - then fate came n a friend sent me the txt about skyla n dad said 'do what u want' (which is a yes in his terms) and we ended up with skyla - i called and looked at SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many other dogs before skyla - i belive i was meant to get her - so when the time is right you will also find ur girl :)

Yup, just like Jackson. We did a 6 hour round trip to look at a 1 year old male. We liked him but the person showing him to us at the Humane Society thought that Andy wasn't correcting him enough. We know now that Andy just has a limit to tolerance, and then he corrects! After that drive we decided that more than an hour from home was not going to happen again, and we had seen Jackson posted with no photo. When we got home, the next day there was a picture of Jackson (then Miller) and he was such a beauty with such a sad story. My OH knew when he saw his "big head" in the back seat of the small car that he would be ours....and he bounded up the driveway all smiles. They took off running in the yard like they'd been doing it forever. That's what we are looking for. Not that there hasn't been issues, but we know there's always time for adjustments. Seems there just aren't many girls around. I don't know about 3 boys, but if they got along, it would be okay...and maybe better for the eventual pulling pack!!!:grouphug:

You made the right decision for you and your pack. Believe me you think I have a lot of dogs now... I'd have about 10 more if I fell for every sad sweet lonely Husky face i'd ever seen! And Sara is right, most Huskies are always adopted. Hopefully she'll go to someone who can handle her but it sounds like she's got a great temperament/manners and should do just fine.