UK set for record summer

davidjk

well those of you old enough to remember will remmeber the summer of 76 when the temperatures were over 100c 38f mass water shortages etc.

well those clever science bods are predicting a summer to rival it this year. over 100c 38f

i saw something in a paper yesterday and looked it up

so get your pools brought now and the fans in stock

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=summer-forecast;sess=

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i hope it hurries up

i'm sick of ,rain,wind and just maybe a slight hint of sun for good measure:)

would be nice to have a few summer days....i think it always seems to put people in a happier mood when the sun is shining:D

I can remember 76, long days swimming in the river, the noise of the bus tyres sticking to the tarmac as they went by, and the time it rained and everybody stood outside and got wet,,, Happy Days :monkeydance:

Yeah, I remember it too, you could (and did for a laugh) literally cook eggs on the pavement. :)

1976 working in Germany near Frankfurt and starting work at 3pm until 10pm. Then off to our favourite pub :beer:to drink our selves silly untill about 4am. Great summer :woohoo:.....Ron

me neither any sun over 20c brings me out in an allergic reaction, at that temp i will have heat rash also

ouch!

Being a red head i burn so easily but i am not a fan of heat anyway - i sit at night with my door open so the dogs can come and go as they please and hubby hates it and is constantly cold hahaha

i was allergic to the sun when i was a kid, had to wear this cream stuff that smelt like alcohol lol

I used to get blisters and stuff, its not sun burn, used to get them even without going red. doctor said i would grow out of it, and i dont get it too much anymore :D

I love the Heat, I certainly do not like being cold, I have been out in a sleeping bag on excersise in the 80s when the temp dropped to -20 degrees and I can say that the sheer pain in my feet when I started to move was very unplesant as the blood started to get to them

I love the heat & sun, not sure about over 100C though, I don't remember the summer of 76 (well, I was 7!) but I love warm sunny days.

The last I heard about the weather was: going by UK weather records, whenever we've had a really good April, which we have had, we get a very wet & cold summer .... :shrug::erm: let's wait & see what we wake up to!! :P

[quote="Val (Zebedee), post: I don't remember the summer of 76 (well, I was 7!)

me too!! hmm sounds a nightmare... lol i bet our foreign friends who get lary temperatures on a regular basis are wondering what were going on about lol

We tend to get a couple of days each summer where it's around 100 F, give or take a couple of degrees, with high humidity, and I hate it! I tend to overheat and get migraines. I'm not fond of being cold, but it's easier to put on more clothes - you can only take off so much! :evil: