Husky Recall

Simon&Sophia

Depends what has caught her attention out there

this is a whole new world for her and she' enjoying it

mine have selective hearing in the garden,unless you whisper ''din dins'' and there's a stampede :dog3:

haha.

erm its just in general tbh haha. I think im just gonna have to work on recall command abit more. Ive been slacking the last couple of days with training :/

Ive got to book my ideas up and do it properly! Shes getting more and more active and its taking more and more to tire her out

she'll certainly keep you on your toes :)

she is only a baby though,so i wouldn't be bombarding her with too many different commands at the same time,let her get use to each one really well before you move on to the next one while obviously still practising what she has already learnt

Best to not call her when she's distracted, unless you're prepared to go and get her, or she'll quickly learn that she can ignore you. I tend to use a formal "come!" when I mean it - now! - and a less formal, "C'mere!" or "C'mon!" when it's more of a suggestion than a command (read: when I'm too lazy or don't care enough to enforce it!). :angel::huskyfall:

I've consined it along with Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and Chupacabras.

It's a myth

No such thing as Husky recall.

:rofl:

ooooh sounds like you have one with a true husky spirit, I havea girl like that... gets extra annoying when its 3am and you only let her out coz she said she needed to pee and now shes munching grass as if she was a cow and chasing any nocturnal thing that moves and your there going comoooooooon pleaaaaase Im cold and want to go back to bed!!!!! My boy on the other hand.. If I have to tell him twice it must be coz hes not finnished pottying yet bless him I swear hes not really a husky such an angel :angel:

daughtry would come if you shouted and waved a chicken at her!!!!!

darwin couldnt care less if lady gaga ran past in a meat dress

we dont allow ours off lead unless they are in a secure area!!!!!!

its our choice not to let them off and we feel safe in the knowledge that on lead they are controlled and cant run under the wheels of a bus or car

some people let their dogs off and good for them but i love my fluffies too much to take that chance that they are killed or don't return

My two can be fantastic at recall - met with marleys mummy and rico's parents yesterday at the park, both my boys were on long lines and there were so many distractiosn around - kids playing football people riding past on bikes dogs walking past etc - every time i whistled they came straight back - i was so proud! :D

Got home and they were outside - called them in and totally ignored me - go figure :shrug:

She's still a baby so I wouldn't be worried, I would guess she just doesn't know the command well enough yet :)

Also, try to make sure that she never knows when you have a treat. When it comes to recalls I reward my dogs EVERY TIME they come, but they respond to the command only not the visual of a treat or reward.

She likes playing tug and chasing toys too right? Don't forget that is a reward as well :)

I've consined it along with Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and Chupacabras.

It's a myth

No such thing as Husky recall.

:rofl:

What?!?! No Chupacabra?!!! Please don't tell that to the Spanish class students I occasionally have!! :jawdrop:

(Please note, when I was talking about recalls with my guys in my previous post, I was talking about calling them in from my fenced yard!0

The thing with husky recall is that it absolutely does exist, it's just that they are a lot more intelligent about it. When you use your recall, whether it be a whistle, their name, what ever... they hear it each and every time, and as long as you've done okay with your training, they understand what you want each time too.

But unlike other dogs where they will blindly obey as they have been taught, huskies will make their own mind up about it. Should I come back for a pat and maybe a biscuit? Or should I keep chasing this tender juicy cat?

Should I run back for a treat? Probably not, all these new smells have me so excited and on edge that I cant eat right now anyway, so thats of no interest to me.

Different dogs will have different triggers, but what ever motivates your husky, if you want it to come back on recall, you have to make sure that what ever you're doing is going to be way more interesting for it than its current environment. This is why recall always seems so easy at home, but so hard when you get out into the wild.

My two can be fantastic at recall - met with marleys mummy and rico's parents yesterday at the park, both my boys were on long lines and there were so many distractiosn around - kids playing football people riding past on bikes dogs walking past etc - every time i whistled they came straight back - i was so proud! :D

Got home and they were outside - called them in and totally ignored me - go figure :shrug:

They were brilliant with their recall werent they.

Marley isnt great but Rosie is fantastic with her recall. She can be sniffing at another strange dog and if I shout her she comes right away, Although I would still never let her off the lead as its just bad luck that the day I let her off is the day she decides not to listen to me.