hello im new here

Lee Gahagan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard they are not particularly good at learning/following commands, although they are very intelligent.. is this true? and if so is there any tried and tested technique that works with them as i have had other dogs but know these are a breed all to their own.

i have heard they are not particularly good at learning/following commands, although they are very intelligent.. is this true? and if so is there any tried and tested technique that works with them as i have had other dogs but know these are a breed all to their own.

the basics are the same with any breed - patience and consistency - after that ..... never trust them lol stubborn high energy furballs on 4 legs that melt your heart and keep you on your toes constantly hahaha :doglick:

She is beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of her as she grows! Training will not be the issue, your girl will be able to learn anything you want to teach her. The struggle is getting them to follow a command when they don't feel like it. :)

Welcome to the pack. What a gorgeous girl.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

welcome to the pack - shes gorgeous

it depends on the dog tbh - my girl is VERY obedient - but my male isnt lol

heres a vid i did of my girl yesterday (bear in mind tho that huskies should not be offlead i know my girl tho and you can see how focused on me she is and i know where i can let her off n i make sure i check the surrounding before i do so - if there was a bird around she would be right at it lol (my male is knowwhere NEAR as well behaved as she is lol)

6ZquaqlOLZ8

awww she is a cutie!

Teaching Sibes commands isn't hard...its quite eaasy infact, getting them to listen to the commands after a while it where the challegne lies, They get bored easy and will stop doing commands for the sake of praise. This is a general conscensus, However each dog can present an exception to the rule :)

welcome to the pack - shes gorgeous

it depends on the dog tbh - my girl is VERY obedient - but my male isnt lol

heres a vid i did of my girl yesterday (bear in mind tho that huskies should not be offlead i know my girl tho and you can see how focused on me she is and i know where i can let her off n i make sure i check the surrounding before i do so - if there was a bird around she would be right at it lol (my male is knowwhere NEAR as well behaved as she is lol)

6ZquaqlOLZ8

wow how did you get her so focused.. never seen a husky that focused before.. that is great.

wow how did you get her so focused.. never seen a husky that focused before.. that is great.

we have a really good bond - shes been 'my' dog since we got her at 14 weeks old - blaze is my mums dog so i dont have as good a bond with him - we do everything together - if i can go sumwhere i can take a dog with me - she comes along - n i do alot of training with her which strengthens our bond too :)

we have a really good bond - shes been 'my' dog since we got her at 14 weeks old - blaze is my mums dog so i dont have as good a bond with him - we do everything together - if i can go sumwhere i can take a dog with me - she comes along - n i do alot of training with her which strengthens our bond too :)

that was a great vid, Funny when she tripped on the curb :P

But watching it and reading your above post does make me very confident I can do the same with Kita, She comes with me everywhere I go, I can hardly go to the loo :duh: lol!

Trying to teach her roll over atm, but she's getting confused bless her, to be fair she's only just learnt lay down in the last week. ^_^

I may have to ask for everyone advice soon ;)

that was a great vid, Funny when she tripped on the curb :P

But watching it and reading your above post does make me very confident I can do the same with Kita, She comes with me everywhere I go, I can hardly go to the loo :duh: lol!

Trying to teach her roll over atm, but she's getting confused bless her, to be fair she's only just learnt lay down in the last week. ^_^

I may have to ask for everyone advice soon ;)

i know bless her - too well behaved for her own good sometimes - took her over the feild to play with other dogs n she just stayed by my side or she would trot ahead a lil bit then come back lol

lmao bings is like that with me anywhere i go he follows skyla is too lazy to follow me to the loo haha

i have a book called 101 dog tricks (has a weimeraner on the front) thats where i find out where to train tricks with skyla - only took her 5 mins to pick up how to bow - but before i had that book i had no idea how to train it :)

i know bless her - too well behaved for her own good sometimes - took her over the feild to play with other dogs n she just stayed by my side or she would trot ahead a lil bit then come back lol

lmao bings is like that with me anywhere i go he follows skyla is too lazy to follow me to the loo haha

i have a book called 101 dog tricks (has a weimeraner on the front) thats where i find out where to train tricks with skyla - only took her 5 mins to pick up how to bow - but before i had that book i had no idea how to train it :)

Yeah Kita is the same, she will just sit by me and look at the other dog, If i go over to the other dog, she will say hello :)

haha! I saw that in waterstones in yesterday! and had a little sneaky read of it, trying to use the technique for "high Five" had a small ammount of success, was only a 15 min session :)