Humping dog's

valkyries

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:oops1:

My 2 are guilty of humping Big D :sorry: I've pulled them off though!

I stop them humping other dogs however when at home if they do it to each other i'm fine with that although I think by doing that i give them mixed signals - it's ok to do it to each other but not to anyone else? The more I think about that now - the more i'm thinking i shouldn't let them do it at home??

I don't see that as a problem, Sarah. They are so very smart, they are quite capable of learning that one set of rules applies at home (or with their brother) and another elsewhere. Kind of like teaching kids they have to behave in public (you can't always expect them to behave perfectly, after all - kids or dogs!). :angel:

It never occurred to me that people would allow their dogs to hump others, including strange dogs, especially out in public. :jawdrop: I tend to allow it amongst my dogs here at home, as it is part of them figuring out their relationships (which do change from time to time) - but I do keep and eye (or ear) out for someone being a bully or someone getting upset, and step in when necessary!