The Pawpack Huskies !!

basketcase687

:lovebone:They are just beautiful! I really hope you were not offended when I posted the Deadly Disease stosry. We are all Husky lovers here, like you, and it pains us to hear about any of the furbabies running off or getting hurt and want to let everyone know not to put their packs in danger. I realize you know your dogs....it's just what that story is all about....we think, and then they surprise us. May you have many safe happy years with your "kids", they are beautiful!:lovebone::lovebone::lovebone:

wow how do u upload a picture THAT size? O.O

You hav good-looking dogs btw =D I'm surprised that you let them off-leash in such area x)

Hi There,

Thanks for your comments.Yes,we do let them off leash.

It's just something we have always done right from when they were little.Mystie is def the lead dog,and usually very obedient.The others pretty much follow her,so they really don't know any different.The area is a 5 min walk from our house,and about as safe as anywhere can be outside(ie no roads,livestock etc).It does however,border on a huge golf course,so yes,if they did decide to take off we wouldn't see them for dust.You need to go through three 5 bar gates in a private lane before you enter the area,and they can't squeeze through,gates have to be opened.They are not good jumpers either!!..Generally,they are very good,and don't like to loose sight of us.If they are way infront of us and we change direction,they always turn and follow us.We know there is always a risk,but we think that about most things in life.:)

Karen x

:lovebone:They are just beautiful! I really hope you were not offended when I posted the Deadly Disease stosry. We are all Husky lovers here, like you, and it pains us to hear about any of the furbabies running off or getting hurt and want to let everyone know not to put their packs in danger. I realize you know your dogs....it's just what that story is all about....we think, and then they surprise us. May you have many safe happy years with your "kids", they are beautiful!:lovebone::lovebone::lovebone:

Thank you so much for your kind words,and I really do appreciate your concern.As you rightly say,there is always a risk involved.Whether what we do is right or wrong we can't say for sure,no one can,I suppose only time will tell.

:thankyou:

Karen.x

they are lovely :)

do those harnesses help with pulling?

Hi Again!!

Thank you!!.Yes,harnesses do help because they attach to a ring at the front and although they can still pull,they definitely can't put their full body weight into it like a normal harness.I think they are called gentle leader harnesses.

ooh thanks :) my boys like a tank but isnt keen on his canny collar so might have 2 look into them :) cheers

Hi Nix you can get the gentle lead harnness on e-bay. I was looking at them a while back. But the way Akia is getting with her heel work may not need one. :dog3: well I hope I don't go back to that...lol