How thick should mesh be to be considered Husky proof?

Staceybob

Whilst I was at college today, Aleu escaped from her kennel.

Thankfully Robyns dad caught her and popped her in her cage till I got home.

This is the first time she's attacked the mesh in ages and I'm too worried to leave her in there with mesh at that thickness. How can I make the run husky proof? What thickness should the mesh be?

Stacey xxx

No idea, it's not very thick at all. Robyns parents brought it and I wasnt happy with the mesh on it, but they insisted she has to go outside during the day.

It was supposed to be she only goes out when I'm there so I can keep an eye on her, but recently they started putting her out there without my permission which is ultimately how this has occurred because I wouldnt have allowed her to get through it.

This is whats on it at the moment:

215426_10150164369508088_645433087_6806563_3824502_n.jpg

As you can see it can be bent far too easily, including the thicker green mesh on the left.

Stacey xxx

She's chewed threw that.

I've just measured it.

The green mesh is 3mm in thickness and is plastic coated.

Stacey xxx

ahh right i thought she went through the thinner mesh. I would go a few mm thicker, plus the plastic coating then :)

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm going to Twiggs in Matlock tomorrow as I spoke to them on the phone. Gave them the size of the panels I want. They can do me:

5mm Diameter

3" x 3" square

Galvenised Steel Mesh

for £87.42 + VAT

He said he'd be amazed if she could chew through it so... hopefully I'll feel the same when I go to see it tomorrow morning.

Stacey xxx