HUSKIES! Run 4 ur life!

mydiamond

I must be lucky, I don't have those problems, I take Poppie to my sons school all the time, the children come up and pat her and she licks them and tries to jump on them (i always have the lead tight so it doesn't happen) it's a small school of 47 students (roughly) and so they all know her and the parents and teachers love her to bits! Once she was mistaken for a malamute and another time (she is a white bi/omni-eyed husky) was mistaken for a Samoyed. Random strangers aren't afraid of her although they aren't silly enough to go up and pat her, but they always smile at her, I'm just afraid that she will get stolen cause she's so damn friendly! if somebody told me that my dog was a dangerous dog i think i would laugh at them and walk away, nobody has the right to tell a dog owner about the dog they own!

people seem to not be as scared of whites ive found out - every1 wants to stroke skyla but seems weary of blaze

i had sum1 tell me my tiny lil 11 week old puppy would be viscious when he grows up - i just pointed to him n said that lil tiny ball of fluff!? and laughed n walked off

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow I think in this small town I live in where everyone knows everyone, even when I do get another husky (i doubt i will get another white one) no one will be frightened of it, might be a diff story when I go into town though! I guess we shall wait and see

Indigo got mistaken for a white german shepherd a few times but now she is bigger and her shape is changing, people ask what she is rather than guess.

She isn't 6 months yet and almost taller than Oshy already! :eek:

Oshy gets all the fuss when people do want to stroke him, he's a big teddy bear and loves a cuddle. Poor Indie gets the least fuss from people which is a shame because she also loves a cuddle. I don't really understand, usually people would prefer the cute fluffy puppy to the adult.

Most the people I've met around here and talked to about my dog loves huskies. we always get "awww you have a husky?!?" and "I love huskies they are awesome dogs" Now we live in the country on 89 acres so the dogs get walked around the property and through the woods so not many people, other than our friends, have met my dogs in person. I'm not sure what reaction I'll get when we go to the park. Most people will probably avoid us if we have Koopa with us. Everyone is afraid of my big cuddly baby boy Koopa, he is a monster, a LOVE monster :P:D

OMG, I came out of the vets the other day as 3 teenage lads were walking past the vet door, i have never seen 3 lads try and fight to get over a railing to make space in between them selves and the dog before, i couldnt help but roar with laughter after hearing one of them say...'oh my days its a wolf....RUN'!!! duh, he only wanted a cuddle AFTER BEING VIOLATED WITH A THERMOMETER!!! he he

we all get asked if our huskies are wolves, it's just a perk of being an owner. I always tell people mine is half wolf, which he isn't, just so they leave me alone.

this morning I was walking kirby and this one saw us and picked up her taco size dog and when kirby tried to sniff her she screamed bloody murder and ran away scared.

:lolman: OMG Kirbysowner that's really funny :D

This one is posted as a reply in another thread, but I'll re-post it here so that we can laugh at it together:

CASE ONE: Afternoon walk. A five-years-old is watching Diamond from his house. A few seconds later he points at Diamond and said: "Mommy... There's a CHICKEN!!"

CASE TWO: Another cursed afternoon walk. A couple of five-years-old is playing outside their house. And with my tremendous luck they got Diamond in their sight. Soon enough one of the kids said to the his friend: "Look, look at that CAT!"

The other day Akira and I were at my dad's place, and his friend came over. The guy didn't see Akira at first (she was lying on the floor), but when he noticed her, he was like ''WHOA! What the hell? What's with his eyes?'' So I responded, SHE has heterochromia, it's quite common in Huskies. So he was still standing there like he just witnessed an elephant perform ballet. ''That's really creepy, his eyes, i've never seen something like that. I thought she was blind in one eye or something''. At this point I was really annoyed and decided it was time for her walk, so I got up and went out.

This is hilarious! Like Nix i don't have the problem of people thinking Storm is vicious! They are all just intrigued by her! lol I can't take Storm anywhere without her getting cuddles :)

i really think it a white thing - skyla seems to just have people gravitate towards her but most people seem weary of blaze - poor bings tends to always be ignored

• 3 months later...