Eatly Am Howling

katlove

okies i know huskies howl and screams mines 7 months and she has always slept downstairs and my other non husky sleeps upstairs but the last 4 mornings shes been howling around 4.30-5am . we dont know what to do we dont want to leave it and let neighbours complain but at same time we need to sleep in for a little longer.

What time do you take her for the toilet before you go to bed?

I'd normally suggest maybe she's getting jealous that your other is in a different area, but because it's starting in the early hours of the morning as apposed to immediately, I would assume she's either getting bored in there or needs the loo.

Stacey xxx

the last walk of the day is 7.30pm till 8.30-8.45 then she sleeps or is out on the decking till i go to bed around 10.30 ish ................

id thought about a heat season but we walk with a male husky at moment and hes not showing any signs that hes might be interested in her .

im not going to breed her . and told mate as soon as she does have her heat then we will have to not walk dogs together for some weeks.

we have had her since 8 weeks old and she and other dog have had the same arrangements separate sleeping quarters .

when she howls one of us comes down and offers her to go out but she dosnt then if we lay on sofa she go back to bed. bit like she saying ok ur awake and up im heading back to bed.

shes not created as weould be too big . and she has all kitchen and dinning room to use

our bedroom isnt big enough for her to be upstairs even our little dog sleeps part under the bed,

i know some always say about crating we never done that. and dont intend to .

I dont crate either Kat,but all mine sleep in our bedroom:eek:

would your other dog maybe settle downstairs with her,although she has always slept on her own maybe she is suddenly feeling lonely

sorry but cant think what else it can be so not much help to you.

oh just s thought.....could you neighbours be up and about early and she's hearing them,maybe thinking its you and so wants to get up?

If ours are in the kitchen area and they know some-one is upstairs then they start howling like mad :)... This is usually when I've gone to work and the kids are still in bed! They both sleep in the bedroom with us of a night though... One on top of the bed and one under the bed :P

i can try cuddles downatairs but id feel mean as shes always slept upstairs

we never allowed her on the bed thats our area and have to be bit careful as sophies slight asthmas but we try to keep fur away from where we can its never proved its cos of animal hair.

i will try to see if she let me leave her down here./ as for neighbours i dont know as im aways dead to the world lol till mishka starts im sure if they was asleep they be woken by here

we just dont want people putting complaints in . during the day when i go out i dont mind if she plays up as you can always put up with it in day but when u wanting to sleep.but now being proved a fibber as i sit her typing and shes in kitchen howling and she knows im here and the doors open

You can try noise diversion tactics. The male I used to have was very vocal and it was ok sometimes, but when I was out he was seriously annoying the neighbours, so I brought a bark control box on ebay for about £30.

It emits a high pitch sound when they howl that they dont like very much so it stops them from wanting to howl so much.

I was a bit worried it wouldnt work at first, but it wasnt long before the neighbours confirmed the howling had gone.

Stacey xxx