Stupid(est) husky questions

mydiamond

Just wondering, guys... What is the stupidest question people ask about your stunning husky/malamute? For me, this one here breaks the world record (it happens a few hours ago)

Diamond is playing with his friend Troy the Rottweiler, and a group of workers start to talk to each other.

Worker 1: It's a girl! That dog must be a girl!

Diamond: *go 2 the shrub and lift his rear leg to pee*

Worker 2: Yep it's a girl

Me: :huh: LOL XD

(a few minutes later, Diamond start walking again)

Worker 3: OMG what happened to its tail?! How come it was curled-up like that?! What did the owner do?!

XD XD LOL ppl are just stupid and I'm having so much fun laughing at them LOL LOL

Worker 1: It's a girl! That dog must be a girl!

Diamond: *go 2 the shrub and lift his rear leg to pee*

Worker 2: Yep it's a girl

:confused1: LOL how does hiking the leg make it a boy :confused: Things like that really make me wonder about some people :P

I did have a female blue healer once who hiked her leg once to pee on my chair :eek:

"Is that a fox?!" <- Seriously are you blind? Have you ever seen a real fox? lol.

"Omg is that a wolf!?"

"Dont go near that dog, it looks like a wolf"

"Is that a malamute?" <- Erm, ok, Aleu is like, the midgety-est husky there is, what on earth makes people think she'd even fit into the height category of malamute lol.

"Is that an akita?" <- :headbang:

Stacey xxx

Other stupid things ive heard.

Thats one of them snowdogs/wolfdogs

They cost about £2000

When he grows up *points at Marley* he will rip your kids throats out, they are really vicious

When Marley was about 11 weeks old a bloke went up to Tony outside Morrisons and asked what type of dog Marley was , Tony replied with"he is a husky" to which the bloke pondered for a few seconds before saying...........wait for it

" Oh I didnt realise they bred them as miniatures too" :doglaugh::doglaugh:

The stupid questions out here always end up turning in to stupid conversations unfortunately. I try to "smile, nod, walk away" as much as I can but sometimes you just can't. A few examples:

A security guard at my in-laws complex stopped us once and said "Wow, what a beautiful dog. She's obviously not purebred though." I thought to myself finally, someone who knows siberians aren't meant to be this big! But no, he continued on to say "Huskies are odd-eyed, she's got 2 blue eyes, she can't possibly be a purebred husky. I just bought a husky puppy so I know all about them, they have to have one brown and one blue eye to be real purebreds".

:lolman:

Nod and smile, nod and smile.

OH was sick one night so I took Nadia out on my own, it was late so I thought it would be best just to walk around the block (it's not the safest area for a lady on her own, with or without a husky) and then sit at a local cafe for some air. A guy comes up to me and says the usual what a beautiful dog and then asks me why I don't muzzle her. I said I only muzzle her where I legally have to (like ferries, underground etc) and why would I muzzle a dog who wouldn't hurt a fly? His reply really got me: "I know huskies, my best friend had one. He was a brilliant dog till one day he mauled someone". I reply: "The only thing Nadia will maul is a ball, don't worry, she even shares a bowl with our cat." He continues: "Oh so did my friend's dog, he was as good as gold. But then my friend went out walking with him one night and he mauled a man, he had to be destroyed. These are dangerous dogs, very dangerous. You might not worry about people's safety (steps back away from Nadia who is busy nuzzling the cafe's ginger cat) but think of your dog, when (not if!!) she attacks someone she'll be destroyed! They're not meant to be pets, they're wolves!" I can't help myself, I roll my eyes. Cafe owner hears the story and comes out to pet Nadia and ask what is going on. Man says to cafe owner: "You really need to be careful letting this dog sit here, my friend's dog was a siberian husky and he attacked a man - although the man the dog attacked was completely drunk and came at his owner with a piece of metal water pipe."

So essentially the dog was destroyed and you are now condemning his entire breed to being muzzled because one devoted sibe protected his owner from a drunken would-be murderer? Yes, the breed is obviously incredibly dangerous.

Then of course there's the usual breeding nonsense we've put up with since Nadia was 4 months old. We've had offers of "marriage" (yes, they use the word marriage out here for mating dogs!) from Siberian Huskies (eh, somewhat understandable in a country where BYB is the norm), German Shepherds (really, you think a huskies stubborn attitude is something you want to breed in to a German Shepherd??), Golden Retrievers (wtf??), Akitas, Samoyeds and once a Bernese Mountain Dog!!

:lolman:

jeez, really. People who doesn't know dogbreeds really well shouldn't judge what kind of breed a dog is x)

and after reading Nadia's story I'm surprised to know that ppl can actually be THAT stupid O.O Ally, I hope you just do the usual "nod-smile-walk away" next time someone start to judge your stunning husky by looks xD

"Is that a fox?!" <- Seriously are you blind? Have you ever seen a real fox? lol.

"Is that a malamute?" <- Erm, ok, Aleu is like, the midgety-est husky there is, what on earth makes people think she'd even fit into the height category of malamute lol.

lol blaze got called a fox the other day :P

awww poor ickle leu! :P

i get do they bite? ALOT had the akita thing a few times too

skyla has been called an artic fox once lol

most stupid question i think ive been asked is if i put a contact lense in blazes blue eye

oh and as for the cocking the leg thing - skyla does ;)

I think my stupidest general public memeber has to be the lady who was trying to ask if my dogs were Akita's except that she asked if they were "them Ikea dogs?" I just said yes they came flat packed and everything! :rofl:

To be fair though they should be IKEA dogs, through the teething years anyway :-)

"

"Does he bite?" (I think this must be the stupidest question... can't you just ask if he is friendly or not?)

This drives me nuts! I take Mickey to work at the nursery with me and when people walk in they do this "woah omg it's a dog i'm scared" dance and then ask if he bites. Yeah, I just like my vicious biting dog run rampant at the place I work.

People always ask me if mine are brothers and sisters. Seriously, none of them look that alike.

People ask me if I breed, all the time.

People at the park often freak out when they see my dogs wrestle (with each other, not even their dogs) and say one day they'll snap, just you wait. :confused:

Are they blind?

Mickey is a GSD/Akita/Malinois/Wolf/Chow ect. ect. ect. because Huskies ONLY come in black/white and red/white, you know? ;)

Luckily people in my country doesn't know too much dog breeds so they only assume that Diamond is part GSD or a purebred WOLF XD mistaken as malamute several times but no one ever ask me if he's an Akita =P

The stupidest question I have ever been asked about my dogs is - 'how much do you want for them'? - LIKE I WOULD EVER WANT TO PART WITH THEM!!!!! :jawdrop:

Oh and I was asked once if Ava was blind because she is white and blue eyed - apparently all white animals are blind????

OH was sick one night so I took Nadia out on my own, it was late so I thought it would be best just to walk around the block (it's not the safest area for a lady on her own, with or without a husky) and then sit at a local cafe for some air. A guy comes up to me and says the usual what a beautiful dog and then asks me why I don't muzzle her. I said I only muzzle her where I legally have to (like ferries, underground etc) and why would I muzzle a dog who wouldn't hurt a fly? His reply really got me: "I know huskies, my best friend had one. He was a brilliant dog till one day he mauled someone". I reply: "The only thing Nadia will maul is a ball, don't worry, she even shares a bowl with our cat." He continues: "Oh so did my friend's dog, he was as good as gold. But then my friend went out walking with him one night and he mauled a man, he had to be destroyed. These are dangerous dogs, very dangerous. You might not worry about people's safety (steps back away from Nadia who is busy nuzzling the cafe's ginger cat) but think of your dog, when (not if!!) she attacks someone she'll be destroyed! They're not meant to be pets, they're wolves!" I can't help myself, I roll my eyes. Cafe owner hears the story and comes out to pet Nadia and ask what is going on. Man says to cafe owner: "You really need to be careful letting this dog sit here, my friend's dog was a siberian husky and he attacked a man - although the man the dog attacked was completely drunk and came at his owner with a piece of metal water pipe."

So essentially the dog was destroyed and you are now condemning his entire breed to being muzzled because one devoted sibe protected his owner from a drunken would-be murderer? Yes, the breed is obviously incredibly dangerous.

Sadly I get comments all the time like the one above except they are toward my pit bull. I know pit bulls are stereotyped for being "evil" dogs but come on i wish for once people would think for themselves and stop believing everything they hear without doing any research. I hate to know what people will say now that I have 2 "viscous" dog breeds :yikes: I'm in trouble.

Seriously I can't stand ignorance! Profiling a dog breed based on incidents of individual dogs is no different than profiling people of certain races because of the actions of some. Breedism = racism