Paranormal Wolf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kira: no idea... just liked it

My lizards have weird names:

Kimiko - means pretty flower or something i think

Kira is Japanese for "shine" and Kimiko is Japanese for "empress child" =) Hell yeah I'm an expert of Japanese names! LOL btw your other pet called Suki? Suki means love.

Rosie was already named Rosie when we got her but we couldnt decide on a name for Marley, we were going to call him nanooq but I tohught it would be a popular name with huskys. We were going through loads of names and nobody could choose. Then I said Marley and everyone shouted yes at the same time so thats what we went with.

Poppie got her name when I was travelling in the car to go meet her for the first time, I ended up swapping the u from puppy to an o for poppy and did the ie instead of a y, I loved it as my cats name is pippin, something my gran came up with (the owners children called it salt 'n' pepper which i didn't really like) so it's sticks with the whole names starting with a P lol next Husky I get will maybe be pheobe, I really like that name, haven't chosen a name if it's going to be a boy though.

so it's sticks with the whole names starting with a P lol next Husky I get will maybe be pheobe, I really like that name, haven't chosen a name if it's going to be a boy though.

Boy dog names started with "P"--> Pluto, Picasso, Perro (spanish for "dog") x) none sounds too good tho

Too funny about Koopa! We named Bella before we gave her to our son because we did not want her to be named after a Mario character! We have a friend with a puggle named Bowser. Bella was originally named Tabitha but my husband felt she looked more like a Bella. We thought we were pretty original HAH! She is now the Hell Beast or Hella Bella becuase she is crazy. According to the Urban Dictionary, Hella Bella means beautiful or hot girl or "to hook up". I cracked up when I read that.

Too funny about Koopa! We named Bella before we gave her to our son because we did not want her to be named after a Mario character! We have a friend with a puggle named Bowser. Bella was originally named Tabitha but my husband felt she looked more like a Bella. We thought we were pretty original HAH! She is now the Hell Beast or Hella Bella becuase she is crazy. According to the Urban Dictionary, Hella Bella means beautiful or hot girl or "to hook up". I cracked up when I read that.

Yeah we are uber dorky like that haha we even had a boston terrier named Goomba once for the little goomba things from Mario :D We get a lot of names from video games, TV shows we like and animes :D Koopa's nick name is Koopa Poopa and Kuma Bear gets called Bear Bear a lot

p.s. We helped name my boyfriend, Tim's mother's pekingese. She goes by Princess but her full name is Princess Peach teeheehee

Our three:

Zero - was named after a black/white tuxedo cat I used to have. My ex wanted to name the cat Jasper (which is a name I *hate*). I told him absolutely not and he told me I had 5 seconds to think of something better... "5...4...3..2...1...0." And I said "OK! Zero!" always loved the name and it fits the dog so well :)

Gracie - came with her name. I'm not a fan but as I've said, her and I aren't particularly close so it's her name still.

Lyric - came to us as "Keira" which I didn't like. I have recently found out I'm pregnant and have always wanted a daughter named Lyric... hubby said absolutely not so the dog got the name instead :)

juno's name was originally ginger... i was going to name her bailey, but when i picked her up that name didnt sound right either.. then my dad found juno on the internet and i thought it suited her... i'm most likely getting a black one next year, and his name will be audi.

I used to have a cat I named Weiner. I always loved that name. It was fun to call him that. I remember when I took Weiner to the vet to....let's just say, to turn the volume on his manhood WAY down. Anyway the vet asked for the cats name. After I told her I got the most peculiar look. Weiner didn't care. He looovvveeedd it.

Jersey, our lab, I think was called Sally when we got her from the rescue. It didn't suit her, so we said our nephew Sam could name her. He's a big Liverpool fan, and his fave player at the time was Jerzy Dudek. So she became Jersey. George, our GSD was called Peanut when we rescued him. He's about as far from being a peanut as its possible to get. He's a great big DUMBASS and George just suits him. And Maia, our Huskamute, was called Mocca when we rescued her. We didn't like it, so changed it slightly to Maia :)

Andy had his name when we adopted him. He had already had a few names, (as we were now his 5th home)...and I'm not even sure what they were. It just seemed to fit...and we have quite a few nicknames for him like: Mr. Grumbles and my favorite AndyRoo (like in Andrew). Jackson came to us as Miller. It wasn't that it didn't fit, but we thought, what if he was actually named after the beer? Turned out he was....a group of young twenty somethings were at the rescue home and the guy hadn't given him a new name yet...they were sitting around drinking, and you guessed...he got his name from a can of beer! We couldn't live with that...so started thinking as we got to know him, and then Jackson came to us, because then we would have Andrew Jackson (as in the seventh president of the US!). Nicknames include: Goober, Mr. Jack...Just Jack, and a few others. Now if Sasha comes to live with us, we'll have to find out what her name was before the rescue renamed her....and kind of meet her to figure it out....I'm sounding like it's a done deal and haven't even met her yet!!!:wave1:

My girl already had her name Akira when I got her. It's a Japanese name, and means ''intelligent''. When I tell people her name they usually think I got it from the Anime movie Akira, lol.

I haven't watched that anime yet but I've been told its good lol. I like the name by the way. Me and my boyfriend love Japanese culture and oriental things. A lot of the names we choose and future names we keep in mind are Japanese.

Jersey, our lab, I think was called Sally when we got her from the rescue. It didn't suit her, so we said our nephew Sam could name her. He's a big Liverpool fan, and his fave player at the time was Jerzy Dudek. So she became Jersey. George, our GSD was called Peanut when we rescued him. He's about as far from being a peanut as its possible to get. He's a great big DUMBASS and George just suits him. And Maia, our Huskamute, was called Mocca when we rescued her. We didn't like it, so changed it slightly to Maia :)

Hahaha that's a good one :D "Duh which way did he go George witch way did he go?" I had a lab mix dog once before and I know labs are usually smart but he was also a great big dumbass :P

Tikaani = alaskan/eskimo name meaning wolf. Loved the name anyway and thought it suited him.

Aiyana = native american meaning 'continiously flowering' as she was so shy around people and continues to come out of herself more & more every day

Love both those names :D You said Aiyana was shy when you first got her but comes out more each day, that sounds like Kuma. He was really shy and timid at first, still is with strangers, but he's doing loads better.

Andy had his name when we adopted him. He had already had a few names, (as we were now his 5th home)...and I'm not even sure what they were. It just seemed to fit...and we have quite a few nicknames for him like: Mr. Grumbles and my favorite AndyRoo (like in Andrew). Jackson came to us as Miller. It wasn't that it didn't fit, but we thought, what if he was actually named after the beer? Turned out he was....a group of young twenty somethings were at the rescue home and the guy hadn't given him a new name yet...they were sitting around drinking, and you guessed...he got his name from a can of beer! We couldn't live with that...so started thinking as we got to know him, and then Jackson came to us, because then we would have Andrew Jackson (as in the seventh president of the US!). Nicknames include: Goober, Mr. Jack...Just Jack, and a few others. Now if Sasha comes to live with us, we'll have to find out what her name was before the rescue renamed her....and kind of meet her to figure it out....I'm sounding like it's a done deal and haven't even met her yet!!!:wave1:

We have nicknames for ours too.

Kuma Bear: Bear Bear

Koopa: Koopa Poopa, Poops, Big Poops, Boogie Pit