Allergies??

ArmyWif3

Anyone else allergic to their pups? I use to have a cat but when I got pregnant with my first child I became allergic to her, I suffered it out for about 2 years before deciding to get rid of her. Well I thought it was only allergies to cats until I got my sibe and realized I was allergic to dogs as well. Does anyone take anything for allergies that actually works?? Ive taken claritin..it never worked and now ive been taking zyrtec. It does not work 100% but it keeps me from sneezing a million times a day. Any advice??

I would look into other causes, typically sibes don't trigger dog allergies, due to the nature of their coats being so different to other dogs.

You'd be surprised about the number of different things it could be. A friend o mine thought he was allergic to his dog, turned out one day his body just decided he was allergic to gluten from then onwards!

Well at first it was only when i pet him and touched my face, i would end up sneezing like crazy. But now we have another dog too. A chinese shar pei and that has NOT helped out my situation. Maybe it is something else as well...guess I would need a allergy test to determine but that scares me! I hear those are painful!

Hi,

Here's a though - allergies, and indeed asthma, have a large if not total psychological, or psychosomatic element. Allergies are an over-reaction of the immune system treating an innert substance like it is a virus. In my experience as a hypnotherapist I have successfully worked with allergies which are innate (genetic or born with) where I have helped the client retrain the immune system, and have successfully helped people completely irradicate their allergies which turned out to have a full psychological basis.

The allergies which have a psychological basis usually turn out to be the ones that come and go, or develop at some time in your life. Experience has shown this is usually around the age of 5-7 years old, and normally is paired with a significant emotional event. For example, you may be upset and crying, running nose, sore eyes, at the same time pollen is in the air, and the response to pollen becomes psychologically 'paired'.

Asthma also has a massive psychological input, both on development of, and control of, and I did 5 (all considered successful) test clients with 'pet induced asthma' before I got Harley because my wife suffers from asthma. I wanted to deal with it if it arose...

Any hypnotherapist trained in psychosomatic conditions should be able to help. If they aren't, or you can't find one come to me lol!!! Alternatively suggest they study the works of Dilts, Dr Sarno and Joergan Rassmussen, also Andrew T Austin and they'll get a good heads up of where to start.

Hope this helps, and also gives a different perspective on allergies...

Best regards,

Smiler

Hey there! =) I think your case is somewhat unique, coz usually people are allergic to animals since they were a lil' kid and actually get cured once they own an animal and somehow get used to their furs

Or at least, that's my case =P

I suffered from asthma when I was a lil' girl and the doctor said that I will never ever be able to own a dog. But now I actually have a heavy-shedder running around my house :P

Judging from this, I think your allergy is not caused by your dog's fur. Maybe somthin' else like dirt/pollen? Or maybe it's exactly as what Smiler said

Smiler that is odd ive never heard of that before, not saying it is not possible. But i realize when im pregnant everything is worse. Was the same during my recent pregnancy as well. Right now I only sneeze like crazy if I pet my pups and dont wash my hands. Thats why i just assumed it was caused by them. I know ive always had issues with dust since I was a little girl maybe there is something crazy dusty in here that I cant get to that has my sinuses going all crazy.

Hi I am allergic to both cats and dogs... Although always had dogs...

But since getting my two huskies don't seem to be allergic to them..:D only seems to be when one of them is in season? that must be because their scent is higher. Love being able to stroke, brush and cuddle my dogs without sneezing and wheezing :)

Don't think I will ever change from owing huskies.

Hey ArmyWif I hope you are well!

I've just re-read my post and it seems like everyone can be helped by hypnotherapy lol, and that wasn't my intention...I was however speaking about my experience...after my kickboxing class one week I used a simple process on three hayfever sufferers, took 5minutes each, one had reduced symptoms and two had no hayfever that year or since so far (this work was done a couple of years ago, I checked a couple of mondays ago as a follow on.) People often under-estimate the way that the mind and body is connected.

Give it a go - you've got nothing really to lose apart from an over-reaction of the immune system! Of an aside, following on from my pet induced asthma test work I've started today with some test work with crohns sufferers utilising a similar methodology...

Seen you're from North Carolina - I was in a martial sports competition in Charleston in 1996 or something like that, after the competition we went white water rafting on the New River - that's some impressive countryside you have near you!

Best regards,

Smiler