Game Addicts

mydiamond

Before I write anything please forgive me bcoz I can't get any evidence to prove all of these conversations are real. All of these talks happen in an online game's chatroom so obviously they quickly disappear without trace =( But trust me, these things actually happen! Other than that I'm not saying that game addicts are all bad people (hell I also like to play games). I'm just curious what do you guys have to say after reading this. Note: "gold" is the currency in this online game.

My brother is a member of an online game community. He often find people trying to sell things in the chatroom.. But THIS ONE is bizarre: A user is trying to exchange his American Pit Bull Terrier with twenty million golds. In real life, it's probably around... Um... Maybe two million rupiahs but idk how many dollars is that. But my point here is... A PERSON IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO SELL HIS DOG TO GET A FAKE MONEY!! Jeez, I never know a game addiction can cause that! O.O

Did I mention my bro is a member of an online game community? Yeah he's also a game addict. In the same chatroom, he found someone that says:

"willing to pay fifty million golds for a Siberian husky."

And later on he asks me IF HE CAN SELL MY DIAMOND. I gasped in disbelief, and then I said: "you've gotta be kidding me... Step on my dead body first!!!!" :mad:

People, is there any of you that is a game addict? Do you meet this kind of heartless users in the net? If you do, please ask them where is their humanity. How can someone trade a living being for something that's not even real??

These have to be isolated incidents and I would like to remind you all that this does not represent the online gaming community in anyway :)

I was a member of the biggest online game for 4 years and NEVER saw an incident like this.

Sure there were people selling game gold for real cash, But I never saw someone wanting to trade Animals and if they were, it would most definitley result in a permanent ban on the user's game account

These have to be isolated incidents and I would like to remind you all that this does not represent the online gaming community in anyway :)

Right, I'm not saying anything bad about the online game community. Just the game addiction and the animal cruelty.

wow!

This sort of thing should be reported to the owners of the gaming site

I agree >.< I really hope sum1 will report these heartless people! =( Too bad idk the official rules in the gaming site and judging from the number of these bizarre advertisings, I think it's not violating any rule O.O Am I wrong? Yes I'm wrong, of course I am. Tell me I'm wrong!

Right, I'm not saying anything bad about the online game community. Just the game addiction and the animal cruelty.

Theres not too much adversly wrong with Gaming addictions, As with anything once it turns into obsession is when it can really cause problems, like the incidents you described, It is likely these incidents were reported though

I used to play online games and I admit I never saw any animal trades for fake money, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and I'm pretty sure it is a violation of some such rule just as im sure it's illegal to pay for the fake money (my brother did that and got busted his account was suspended i think). The problem is there is always a way around the rules such as second accounts and fake names etc...which makes it harder for the the gaming staff to catch and ban those people who do those things.

I used to play online games and I admit I never saw any animal trades for fake money, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and I'm pretty sure it is a violation of some such rule just as im sure it's illegal to pay for the fake money (my brother did that and got busted his account was suspended i think). The problem is there is always a way around the rules such as second accounts and fake names etc...which makes it harder for the the gaming staff to catch and ban those people who do those things.

what game? :P

But seriously this is true, But these are the sort of lengths a Gold farming Business will go to, Though they're only after cash not dogs.

This animal trade incidents sounds like a desperate act of a horrible neglectful owner :@

what game? :P

But seriously this is true, But these are the sort of lengths a Gold farming Business will go to, Though they're only after cash not dogs.

This animal trade incidents sounds like a desperate act of a horrible neglectful owner :mad:

I admit I used to play world of warcraft...a fair bit too in my younger years lol (not that im that old)

but seriously as long as people play online games and become obsessed with getting Gold the easy way these things are always gonna happen, some people become so addicted that they forget about real life and what it's like,they could even think think that real money is fake and real animals are just those little pets that follow their characters around on screen, who knows what goes on in their heads. I know not everyone is obsessed like that, it's a small majority that ruins it for the rest of the gaming community

I admit I used to play world of warcraft...a fair bit too in my younger years lol (not that im that old)

but seriously as long as people play online games and become obsessed with getting Gold the easy way these things are always gonna happen, some people become so addicted that they forget about real life and what it's like,they could even think think that real money is fake and real animals are just those little pets that follow their characters around on screen, who knows what goes on in their heads. I know not everyone is obsessed like that, it's a small majority that ruins it for the rest of the gaming community

yep me to! :P

Only got out of it in the last couple of months tbh ;)

But yeah you are 100% correct, Theres a couple of deaths due to game obsession, I recall One guy committing suicide because he was rejected by a guild (clan) and another boy who died of a heart attack cause he played for 3 days straight without any sleep and didn't eat or drink :o

So it just shows the level of obsession people can reach with these things

it can also come down to parents not regulating their children...the adults on the other hand should know better, I guess some people just like 'living' in a different world. online gaming is only going to advance so these things are never going to end, it's just a shame when they bring animals into the picture

@ James: yea I heard about that boy who died out of heart attack =/ I thought it's frightening enough.. But then I meet this animal trading =( Before the news about the boy, I watched TV about a 70-years-old woman who played online games all-day long O.O

@ James: yea I heard about that boy who died out of heart attack =/ I thought it's frightening enough.. But then I meet this animal trading =( Before the news about the boy, I watched TV about a 70-years-old woman who played online games all-day long O.O

haha good on the old gal! :P

<-- Warcraft addict here. :D

I have heard some pretty weird stories about what people will "sell" for WoW gold.

But, in relation to dogs... I constantly see people trying to trade their pets for electronics or trying to trade electronics for pets. As if they're a bartering tool!

Wow, it is really sad when one finds themselves so hopelessly addicted to an online gaming community that has some sort of currency, that they are willing to sell their family pet (which should NEVER have a price placed on it!) or anything else of special value, for money that will not be put forth into anything real or helpful in ones life.

My brother is a hardcore WoW gamer, which I can simply not understand but respect as he does have a good paying job and wife. I've never encountered any sort of thing like this, although I have heard of it before. Very saddening!

I would report that sort of thing.. trying to sell your pet for gaming currency.. =|