husky stolen from outside shop

davidjk

Police are hunting for a couple who stole a dog estimated to be worth £1,000 from outside a supermarket.

The Siberian husky, named Aldo, was tied up outside a Morrisons store in Carmondean, Livingston, when it was taken at about 1630 BST on Sunday.

A man and woman began petting the three-year-old husky, before untying it and making off towards Raeburn Rigg.

The couple were in their mid-20s. Police have appealed for any witnesses to contact them.

The dog's owner had been inside the supermarket and was told by a member of the public that Aldo had been stolen when she came out.

The male suspect was described as white, about 26-years-old, between about 5ft 11ins tall, with a skinny build and short cropped black hair that was brushed over to the right.

He was wearing a blue coat with a green emblem on the shoulder, a grey T-shirt, blue jeans and white trainers.

The female suspect was described as white, about 26-years-old, between 5ft and 5ft 2ins tall, with a heavy build, possibly pregnant and dark ginger hair.

She was wearing black trousers, a cream top and a black cardigan.

A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman said: "The theft of her beloved pet has left the owner understandably distressed and we are appealing for help in identifying the suspects.

"Anyone who was in or around Morrisons late yesterday afternoon, who remembers seeing the suspects with the dog, should contact police immediately."

_53063515_aldo.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-13594555

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be devastating that he was stolen - but i can't believe someone left a dog tied up outside a shop - i won't even leave mine outside a papershop!

Really hope he's found soon and the people that took him get what they deserve :angry:

OMG who in their right mind leaves a dog on their own outside a shop.

err - I do - if I am passing & want something quickly from there, albeit occasionally. I think most of the village know our 2 by now but I keep a watch & no-one goes near them. They get the occasional "awww!" but that's all

err - I do - if I am passing & want something quickly from there, albeit occasionally. I think most of the village know our 2 by now but I keep a watch & no-one goes near them. They get the occasional "awww!" but that's all

a village where everyone knows you is a bit different :), and many people do it, no one can judge, but i just couldnt myself :) but everyone knows there dogs and own areas :D

Yesterday I went to work and tied up oustide was a young male husky. He was lovely looking and very friendly as I fussed him. If I had wanted to I could have easily taken him! :duh: For those that dont know I work in a Tescos in not a great town, bit rough.

I know its kids and not dogs but it reminds me of Madeline Mccann, and the same as her I bet this husky mom will never forgive herself.

I live in a village but the a45 runs through it (a main road) I would and never have leave Storm tied up outside anywhere in it.

It's great that the husky is safe back with it's owner, I just hope they have learnt their lesson! I do tie mine outside our Naafi shop (spar shop on camp) but i can see them (and hear them) the whole time, not to mention, everyone knows everyone and if anybody tried to take her they would get caught within 10 minutes. And there is cctv and everyone on camp has ID on file. Stealing on camp isn't worth it!

But I would NEVER leave them outside a shop off camp! Thats just crazy!