Hunting foods

GemSteve&Loki

rabbit but make sure they don't have myxomatosis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxomatosis

My sisters dogs like to eat the scraps of kangaroo when she hunted them in OZ but i don't think you will find many in Swindon lol

you dont have to worry about myxomatosis, it is a rabbit specific pox type disease. the only danger another animal faces from eating a rabbit that has dies from myxomatosis is bacteria from decomposition.

i used to work in a Gov lab testing for myxomatosis was one of the tests i did.

you dont have to worry about myxomatosis, it is a rabbit specific pox type disease. the only danger another animal faces from eating a rabbit that has dies from myxomatosis is bacteria from decomposition.

i used to work in a Gov lab testing for myxomatosis was one of the tests i did.

cool thanks for that i wasn't sure i was always told to watch for it in agricultural science

class! but to be fair i didn't pay much attention so who knows what they where saying! haha

I don't mean to hate cats but steve would try but I tell him he can't cos the cat would be found injured!

But like steve wants to try shooting magpies/pigeons/anything that flies or even scatters across the ground!

make sure he gets a vermin license and permission from the land owner, also to use lead free larger non toxic pellets.

a vermin lisence is available on defra

lead free non toxic because your dogs might eat the pellet

larger because they pack more stopping power.

im sure he knows this, but aim for the head, that way the animal is killed or knocked out straight away.

good luck

I don't mean to hate cats but steve would try but I tell him he can't cos the cat would be found injured!

But like steve wants to try shootin magpies/pigeons/anything that flies or even scatters across the ground!

frightening..... we best all stay in then or become husky dinner! hunting with a purpose i have never had anything against, for food and such and have many friends who hunt, but shoot anything that moves .....um....ok.... a serial Killer, you not painting Steve with a good picture hahaha lol :D (jks)

no need to gut it, mine eat them after they catch them no preparing.

mine had deer for dinner yesterday.

i know people go awwww poor deer, but consider this.

1 the deer have no natural predators any more and there numbers are very high

2 they are actually considered pests as they destroy a lot of vegitation.

3 the government pay to have 1/3 of the deer population culled anually.

and mine only kill what they eat, they never go after more once they have fed

I really have no problem with varment hunting for the dogs. I'm a huge gun fanatic and own lots of assault weapons. I also carry a gun everywhere I go. But I've never been a hunter perse. As for varment hunting for Adak, it'd be silly. He's like a serial killer. He never eats what he kills. He just seems to like to kill things. Weird dog. Right now he's in the backyard staring up at a squirrel 20 feet up a tree. I tried to tell him that the squirrels not stupid. It ain't gonna come down as long as your sitting there. He told me he's hoping the squirrel will fall. Good luck with that Adak.

Make sure that you're worming him for tapeworms at least once a month (talk to your vet about how frequently (s)he'd recommend) - rabbits frequently carry tapeworms.

For this reason we decided to gut them so we don't have the expense of worming so much. He's wormed every 3 mths at present