Does your husky like physical affection?

Franklin Phil

I remember the first time I met Adak when he was 4 1/2 months old, he squated down in front of me with his butt in the air, in the 'Lets play" stance. I got down on my knees with him and rolled him over burying my face in his neck. He just lay there soaking it up. He has always since loved to be hugged by people. When a human towers over a dog, covering them with big hugs, this puts a dog in a very submissive position. Adak does not seem bothered by it at all, and in fact welcomes it. Do your huskies appreciate this kind of attention?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy does... he will grumble if I pull him onto me coz he doesnt like to be pushed or pulled, but he looooves a cuddle, my girl well shes more cat like she chooses when she wants to come to you and she places herself next to you for a cuddle and you may stroke her but there will be no pulling or smushy cuddles of any kind thankyou! LMAO! :D

I remember the first time I met Adak when he was 4 1/2 months old, he squated down in front of me with his butt in the air, in the 'Lets play" stance. I got down on my knees with him and rolled him over burying my face in his neck. He just lay there soaking it up. He has always since loved to be hugged by people. When a human towers over a dog, covering them with big hugs, this puts a dog in a very submissive position. Adak does not seem bothered by it at all, and in fact welcomes it. Do your huskies appreciate this kind of attention?

Mystie chooses when you can cuddle her,the other 3 are much more affectionate,but only with us.They are not typical huskies and don't love everyone.:)

Glala does. It's very easy to get her startled and make her heaving a mad run around the house :D She usually comes to me to play since no matter how much she tries, Dana is rarely in for a good play (it's funny to see her trying all kinds of way to get Dana playing/chasing her).

Diamond likes it if I stroke his neck or belly :D but if it comes to hugs he will show a face that says: "yeaah yeaah hug me all you want but you've to let me go in ten, nine, eight, seven..." :rolleyes: maybe bcoz I hug him while he wanted to drink/chew his bone?

Kuma Bear was really shy and timid when we first got him but I quickly learned he loves belly rubs. Now that he has gotten use to us he will come over to be petted and will let us walk up and pat him but he's not really a into being cuddled. He is still shy and timid with strangers though. We have one friend who he is warming up to and Kuma will go over to him but won't really let him pet his head, he will move away. Like Sarah said he's cat like in that way. Now he will let us stroke his head and face, he didn't at first but now likes it when we do it.

Now Koopa isn't a husky but he LOVES attention and thinks he is a lap dog. Well sure he is, just a 70 pound lap dog :confused: haha. He is a big baby and loves to be touched, petted and cuddled.

Many of my guys LOVE to cuddle! Several like nothing (except mealtimes!) better than to throw themselves into my arms for hugs and kisses - or down onto the ground/floor for a belly-rub. Shad, on the other hand, is much too dignified to enjoy hugs and kisses - as long as anyone can see, anyway! He's more likely to forget his dignity enough to show affection if I've been away longer than usual, and surprise him as I come home. He tends to give "hugs" to me and to a few others he knows well (most often) by pressing up against whomever he's hugging's legs.

Indi loves hugs and cuddles and would stay there all day.... Freya on the other hand only when she wants a hug or cuddle on her terms only... Unless your a stranger and then she goes mad, saying hello and wanting a belly rub...

They are like chalk and cheese...:D

Nadia will cuddle anyone, anytime. A right little cuddle monster, when she's sick of cuddling she'll roll over on her back and wait her a good belly rub, which then has to be followed by a kiss. The same goes for any random person she meets on the street, she loves everybody.

My girl loves it! She'll come up to me, just asking to cuddle. It's so adorable. She doesn't mind anything at all, actually. Even when she's busy chewing on a bone, or playing with her toys, when I come up to her and kneel to hug her, she'll gladly hug back. She loves being petted, and she'll even try to pet me back hahaha, it's hilarious.

I love her so much *sniff.

Like I said, Glala is more of the play. But I totally forgot Dana :D Dana LOVES cuddles. She rolls over just as soon as I walk to her direction. I know it's also a way so submission but that is usually not how she means it. She just absolutely loves belly scratches. In fact, she demands it. I can't pet her without her rolling on her back, and pushing my hands to her belly with her paws :rolleyes: She is not just a cuddly dog, she is a LAP dog.

lapdog.jpg?h=500

When we got bella she hated cuddles!!! She would whine and wriggle if you tried to hold her but because I lovvvve cuddles and have pushed them on her so much shes started to get alot better!!! She will now join us in bed for cuddles and on the couch and I get lots of kisses when I come home from work. If we try and hold her tight or pick her up she still whines and wriggles we still love her tho <3