Does your husky like physical affection?

Franklin Phil

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy is choosy about cuddling, but he is a big kisser. He likes to lay across our legs to tell us when it's time to get up and at bedtime he is snuggled right up in the middle. Jackson would snuggle and huggle all day long if he could. He would snuggle on Andy more also if Andy would tolerate it. Sometimes he does, but not as often as Jack would like to! I think Jackson was deprived of everything from food to belly scratches and is just now starting to roll over to one side and lift a leg for a belly rub. Andy rolls immediately and will just lay there while you rub his belly!

Andy is choosy about cuddling, but he is a big kisser. He likes to lay across our legs to tell us when it's time to get up and at bedtime he is snuggled right up in the middle. Jackson would snuggle and huggle all day long if he could. He would snuggle on Andy more also if Andy would tolerate it. Sometimes he does, but not as often as Jack would like to! I think Jackson was deprived of everything from food to belly scratches and is just now starting to roll over to one side and lift a leg for a belly rub. Andy rolls immediately and will just lay there while you rub his belly!

On the one hand I feel so blessed. My dog adores being hugged. He'll hug for 20 minutes if you want. But he is NOT a big kisser. This is a good thing! I hate being licked by dogs. But don't worry, my golden retriever hates hugs and loves licking. Nuts!

My daughter goes to school in New Ulm Minnesota at Martin Luther College. How far away are you from New Ulm?

On the one hand I feel so blessed. My dog adores being hugged. He'll hug for 20 minutes if you want. But he is NOT a big kisser. This is a good thing! I hate being licked by dogs. But don't worry, my golden retriever hates hugs and loves licking. Nuts!

My daughter goes to school in New Ulm Minnesota at Martin Luther College. How far away are you from New Ulm?

On a good day with no rivers overflowing about 2 hours, maybe a little more!

Bo has to be in the mood for it. Sometimes I can rub him all day, other times he nips at my hands. But my husband can play rough, rub, cuddle all he wants and Bo doesn't seem to mind. Nighttime is more of my bonding time with Bo, as he will come to me, whimper, and jump up in the recliner with me. :)

Zoya will come to us for attention on her terms. Otherwise, she's just happy to be in the same room with her humans. Eisa is our cuddlebug. She loves to lay next to you on the couch and rest her head on your leg. Soon, she's over on her back, pawing at you for a belly rub. :)

My girl is a huge cuddler, she loves everyone she sees and she always seek for a big hug or a stroke on her belly, she is so cute, she loves kisses and she rolls on her back, spread out both legs and can stay there forever if we stroke her belly. She is a big couch princess!!!!!!!!Very sweet girl! Even if she is killing her toys or chewing on a bone, she will give a receive hugs and kisses gladly.

Cyn

Bella's VERY huggable by me or anyone else that wants to give her affection!:grouphug: Sid on the other hand is not big on the hugs. When I try to, I can see it in his face..."Don't do that, someone might be watching.":rolleyes: I think he thinks he's too "manly" for that stuff.:shrug::D

I agree!

The SAME Sid who, while I'm on the computer in the evening, will half climb into my lap and sit there as I browse the forum.:rolleyes::up: Sometimes I think it's go get away from Bella though.

Could be partly get away from Bella - but it seems to me that huskies are kind of like cats, often, in that they really like things on their terms! (Smart critters!)shine.gif

I agree!

The SAME Sid who, while I'm on the computer in the evening, will half climb into my lap and sit there as I browse the forum.:rolleyes::up: Sometimes I think it's go get away from Bella though.

Ha...Andy does that too...and this morning Jeff invited Jack into his lap expecting a half way lean, and got him full on his lap sitting there...all 60 lbs of him!!!:duh::doglaugh:

Cheyenne likes me to get on the floor and play with her. Earlier I was standing on top of her bending down giving her kiss after kiss on her muzzle. She was LOVING it and would smush her face into the bed when i'd stand back up and look at me with this crazy half glance as if she was just daring me to do it again. Tongue hanging out like a tard, and all! Mishka likes cuddles but it's only when it's just her and I... If other people are around she puts on this act as if she hates every moment of physical attention. Odin would be a lap dog if he could, he loves cuddle time. Mickey isn't a fan of all that and prefers the floor to anything. But he does enjoy a nice belly scratch.