sleeping outside

ice

where do your dogs sleep outside? Ice will be 16 weeks on wednesday and she has always slept in a large cupboard under the stairs with her crate in there and has always been fine with it but for the past week every time we have put her in there she has cried and scratched at the door and wanted to be outside. the only place at the minute that is under cover is a gennel down the side of the house, is this good enough for her to sleep in? their is a gate on one side of it that leads to the front of the house but the other end their is nothing, also i get very worried about her getting stolen as we live in quite a bad area :-( does anyone have any advice please

I would not feel comfortable letting our Husky sleep outside, while we slept inside. Our Zoya is a few weeks from 9 months old. She no longer sleeps in a crate, but has free roam of the bedroom and bath. She normally sleeps on the ceramic tile floor in the bath. When she needs to go out, she wakes me up, which is usually around 6:00. Letting a dog sleep outside at night, especially a Husky, you'll run the risk of the Husky getting out and running, someone stealing your dog, or another dog coming along and who knows what would happen then. Unless you have a fenced in yard, that you know your Husky cannot escape from, only then would I consider it.

my garden is fully fenced in and she cant escape and no other dogs can get in. im not happy with her being outside but she seems to want to be out there and i dont want the people next door complaining because shes crying at all hours.

:17::17:

my garden is fully fenced in and she cant escape and no other dogs can get in. im not happy with her being outside but she seems to want to be out there and i dont want the people next door complaining because shes crying at all hours.

:17::17:

Why are you unhappy to have her sleep outside?

Sibes are generally a breed that enjoys being outside. Mine certainly does and he's slept outside every night for around 6 years. Obviously my yard is fully fenced and very secure, but we also have a big half-wrap around deck that is rasied almost a storey above the ground - so he has an under cover area to sleep. We put his bed on the deck and even if I let him inside at night he always gets up and stands at the door to 'put himself to bed' :) It's his choice - he loves it!

This is where he sleeps:

IMG_1459.jpg

I would say as long as you have an under cover area for when it rains and a nice comfy bed, he'll be fine :)

Loads of folk let all sorts of dogs sleep outside and I see no probs with it at all apart from theft and only you can judge that myself for ours they sleep inside in there cages and they would have it no other way :)

As for yours Mazz good luck with leaving yours out of cage loads do this as well mine never knew anything but there cages till about 12 months ago we thought sod it there very well behaved and never do anything wrong lets try um left out there cages great idea NOTTTTTTTTTT they was fine when we was in bed out and about for a good 6 months then one day they went mad and ripped the crap outta the stairs, now we not just talking carpet ripped to shreds NOOO the didnt stop there they chewed thou the whole staircase and the banister as well GUESS where they live now when where in bed or out lol

BTW my huskys are 4 and 2 and never did anything like this before it only takes once ;)

Good luck on that leaving them out lark but not for me no more it cost to much.

Ice, only you can decide on if it's safe for them to sleep outside, they can do not a problem. My oldest Kimba (1) has a nap at night after his walk and always sleeps outside until bed time when he goes in his crate.

Blaze always sleeps outside whenever we let him out he sleeps inside at night tho as i wudnt risk it he cud get stolen or anythin (u get alot ov ppl askin how much they cost) do u not have sumwhere cool u can let her sleep like ur bathroom ur kitchen floor if its tiled maybe get a couple ov stairgates /doggie gates so u can restrict where abouts in the house ice can go?

In the winter, all of ours sleep indoors - not because of the cold (as far as the dogs are concerned), but because keeping the back door open would make the whole house cold and cost us a fortune in gas bills. In the summer, the door is left open and they can sleep where they like.

During the daytime, they often nap indoors where it is cooler:

Donuts.jpg

Ute and Chrystelle, as befits their status as male and female alphas, always sleep on the sofa or on our bed. The others sleep in the hallway, in the kitchen or in the yard. Anya will always sleep outside given the choice. Merlin will always sleep inside given the choice. The others just sleep where they happen to be when they feel sleepy.

Mick

Love that photo Mick!

Eika sleeps in our room at night, and for a few weeks she stayed on the floor, but she is getting on the bed earlier and earlier in the night...luckily she stays down at the foot of the bed, and if i wake up and she is up there, i push her off! My feet go to sleep otherwise!

Tia only comes into the house late at night she would love to sleep outside but we have a family of foxes next door and they crawl under my shed you can see them trying to snap the dogs but they cant get into the garden , they get the dogs all exited and they start screaming and barking thats the only reason I bring her in at night ,Kira likes her home comforts :).

Blaze always sleeps outside whenever we let him out he sleeps inside at night tho as i wudnt risk it he cud get stolen or anythin (u get alot ov ppl askin how much they cost) do u not have sumwhere cool u can let her sleep like ur bathroom ur kitchen floor if its tiled maybe get a couple ov stairgates /doggie gates so u can restrict where abouts in the house ice can go?

ice learned how to take a safty gate off the wall at 8 weeks old :o something my 3 kids cant even do lol

As for yours Mazz good luck with leaving yours out of cage loads do this as well mine never knew anything but there cages till about 12 months ago we thought sod it there very well behaved and never do anything wrong lets try um left out there cages great idea NOTTTTTTTTTT they was fine when we was in bed out and about for a good 6 months then one day they went mad and ripped the crap outta the stairs, now we not just talking carpet ripped to shreds NOOO the didnt stop there they chewed thou the whole staircase and the banister as well GUESS where they live now when where in bed or out lol

BTW my huskys are 4 and 2 and never did anything like this before it only takes once ;)

Good luck on that leaving them out lark but not for me no more it cost to much.

Our last Husky could never be left out at night. We did that once and she tore up a recliner and pulled the carpet up (that had just be laid two weeks prior) in the living room. Zoya has a different personality than Elke (our last Husky). She does not have full rein of the house at night, just the bedroom. The key may be that we exercise her, walk her, and run her every day. When she comes in at the end of the day, she is literally pooped.

She does not have full rein of the house at night, just the bedroom. The key may be that we exercise her, walk her, and run her every day. When she comes in at the end of the day, she is literally pooped.

b careful not to over exercise her as it will mess up her bones/growth dont no if uve herd bout the 5 mins a month rule?

Bo has always slept in the house. Normally at the foot of my bed, but since his arthritis has kicked in, he prefers the couch downstairs.

Some nights he cries which translates to 'Mom, I'm lonely. Come down and sleep with me.' And so I do (I get the floor! LOL)

Last night was one such night. Nothing a couple asprin can't fix for me - LOL

hi I would not sleep if nooks was outside so in summer I dont get to bed too early as she likes sleeping outside at night I sleep when I can great in winter she is happy to stay inside

I do think I worry about her too much as she has her own kennel outside but its a love thing if she isnt in I cant settle

Bo has always slept in the house. Normally at the foot of my bed, but since his arthritis has kicked in, he prefers the couch downstairs.

Some nights he cries which translates to 'Mom, I'm lonely. Come down and sleep with me.' And so I do (I get the floor! LOL)

love it:D I am a little like yourself

Awwww Becky, that's so sweet, That's just what i'd do for my two as well :D