Nadia's brand new cooling jacket!

achelow

I didn't know they made cooling jackets. How do they work/how do they cool? Looks great by the way :D

There are quite a few different versions out there, they all work on the same principle however. If you've ever seen a gel insulin cooler it's exactly the same as that, only HUGE :D

They claim:

"Using water absorbing, polymer crystals, sewn into supplex fabric, the evaporative process allows heat to physically transfer from the dog to the jacket, similar to our bodies own manner of cooling through perspiration. Keeping your dog cool and protected from heat exhaustion."

I thought it was rubbish at first but with the never-ending summers out here I had to try something and we've never looked back. Nadia doesn't usually like jackets/raincoats in the winter but the cooling jacket in the summer is her favourite thing in the world. We had a different model before but I made the mistake of leaving it on her when I went out one day and she chewed it - I won't make that mistake again..

There are quite a few different versions out there, they all work on the same principle however. If you've ever seen a gel insulin cooler it's exactly the same as that, only HUGE :D

They claim:

"Using water absorbing, polymer crystals, sewn into supplex fabric, the evaporative process allows heat to physically transfer from the dog to the jacket, similar to our bodies own manner of cooling through perspiration. Keeping your dog cool and protected from heat exhaustion."

I thought it was rubbish at first but with the never-ending summers out here I had to try something and we've never looked back. Nadia doesn't usually like jackets/raincoats in the winter but the cooling jacket in the summer is her favourite thing in the world. We had a different model before but I made the mistake of leaving it on her when I went out one day and she chewed it - I won't make that mistake again..

I just may have to look into those :D Did you have to order it offline?

Yes unfortunately - petshops out here just stock cheap chinese collars that break after a week, leashes that fall to pieces in the sun and dodgy treats that Nadia won't touch :D We had a friend coming over from UK so Nadia got a huge box of goodies - the cooling jacket, loads of fish4dogs, dried liver treats, dried tripe sticks etc.. It's not just the cooling jacket that is making Nadia smile in the pics :D