Mya and her Recall..

andy holgate

Mya off lead with her recall... not doing bad. Will be as good as her adopted sis Libby soon enough..

vwk3NvHdZcU

The smell of the neighborhood rabbit almost won her over though ....phew but she remembered to come back after giving me a coronary

:wow2:Thats really great to see!!.I'm sure having a border collie as her role model must help.Keep doing what you're doing!:D

It's great to see them off lead and having fun... Don't think i could trust my two though.. Just brought two 100ft leads off ebay. Had a funny experience at the weekend while camping. Freya always walks on the end of her lead so she just took off, managed to get to someones awning and went through the door, out the back and back though the door.... :jawdrop: Totally tangling up the awning and her :jawdrop:

Good job no-one was in....

It's great to see them off lead and having fun... Don't think i could trust my two though.. Just brought two 100ft leads off ebay. Had a funny experience at the weekend while camping. Freya always walks on the end of her lead so she just took off, managed to get to someones awning and went through the door, out the back and back though the door.... :jawdrop: Totally tangling up the awning and her :jawdrop:

Good job no-one was in....

Must have been funny to watch though. :popcorn:

Just got a 100ft lead, ezydog harness and mongrel extension for Mya to try and teach her to do the same when theres a few more distractions. She will get there.

:thankyou:

I use a Acme Whistle 211.5 pitch. Ived tried loads of different ones but find this suits me and the girls. Theres some on ebay Item 350432451935 :)

nice 1 cheers - might be good in an emergancy if blaze got off his lead - did u teach her what the whistle ment? like blow whistle give treat - or did u just blow it and give her a treat when she came to investigate?

fantastic, great to see them off lead, but i could not take the chance too scared, like you almost had a heart attack but she came back, but what if her instincts had just that bit more hold and she did not come back, only takes the once thats the trouble, i tend to think about that what if all the time, but your doing a great job, and so is she :D

nice 1 cheers - might be good in an emergancy if blaze got off his lead - did u teach her what the whistle ment? like blow whistle give treat - or did u just blow it and give her a treat when she came to investigate?

Taught her come first then cone with whistle then whistle on it's own. Funny thing is though Libby the border will only come to verbal commands not to whistle so Mya didn't really have her to follow from example. She doesnt do it 100% hence the long line and the harness I asked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. Weird though cause I want a Husky and Border Collie too. :D What's it like having the two together?

Im biased but it's fanstastic. Libby was a rescue dog and got her when she was four whilst Mya was about 16 weeks. Her previous humans couldn't keep her for whatever reason ( to our delight I may add).

They have totally different personalities. Mya is more loving and loves her cuddles. Whilst Libby is typical border. More focused. She's obsessed with passing games. And I mean obsessed. I think in my opinion Borders are harder then huskies to look after in terms of keeping them entertained. Although huskies are no easy option either. They get on lime a house on fire though. Love each other. Hate being apart and they whine when they are separated.

Im biased but it's fanstastic. Libby was a rescue dog and got her when she was four whilst Mya was about 16 weeks. Her previous humans couldn't keep her for whatever reason ( to our delight I may add).

They have totally different personalities. Mya is more loving and loves her cuddles. Whilst Libby is typical border. More focused. She's obsessed with passing games. And I mean obsessed. I think in my opinion Borders are harder then huskies to look after in terms of keeping them entertained. Although huskies are no easy option either. They get on lime a house on fire though. Love each other. Hate being apart and they whine when they are separated.

I totally agree with you there.My previous two dogs were both border collies,and they were soooo hyper!!.One was obsessed with sticks and fetch.She would never tire of that game,and I mean never!!In comparison,our huskies,although demanding in some ways(Obsessed with looking for small animals in the long grass and pouncing on them!!),actually need less exercise!!Who knows,maybe they are not typical huskies,but we do have 4 of them!!:D

I find my Sibe FAR easier to live with than my beagle who I would describe as higher drive with stronger nerves. Mish is so easy to live with even though he's got a big prey drive and big food drive, he's so sweet and calm and chilled unless we're playing etc. Whereas Daisy my beagle is constantly wanting to do things, I could take Mish to a cafe and he'll sit outside chilling out whereas Daisy would constantly want to be doing things, sniffing everywhere etc. I have had to consciously train an off switch with her whereas with Mish he is more naturally pretty chilled and calm ("for a Sibe").

However when it comes to working and competition dog sports you can bet my beagle is the most fun and I'd bet it would be the same for your BC ;)

I find my Sibe FAR easier to live with than my beagle who I would describe as higher drive with stronger nerves. Mish is so easy to live with even though he's got a big prey drive and big food drive, he's so sweet and calm and chilled unless we're playing etc. Whereas Daisy my beagle is constantly wanting to do things, I could take Mish to a cafe and he'll sit outside chilling out whereas Daisy would constantly want to be doing things, sniffing everywhere etc. I have had to consciously train an off switch with her whereas with Mish he is more naturally pretty chilled and calm ("for a Sibe").

However when it comes to working and competition dog sports you can bet my beagle is the most fun and I'd bet it would be the same for your BC ;)

@Bec you are so right. I used to take her to agility training last year and have some for the garden an she loves it. She was very timid of other dogs when we first got her so that spoilt it a little for her when there were large numbers but in the garden she could do it for hours.

Search and find games too she loves.