Dog Harness recommendations

Franklin Phil

I've decided to go out and purchase a dog harness "Whoo hoo" (the sound of thousands of cheering voices) is there a harness that you recommend? Are they all pretty much the same? What size should I get for an average size 55 lb husky? I really don't like taking him to the store until I get a proper harness.

Doesn't one of the forum sponsors sell harnesses? Seems like he wanted British pounds for it. I have no idea how to make a transaction that uses anything but $'s. Any ideas?

One your husky cant get out of is best lol :) took me three attempts before i got the right one, as morri would just bow her head down and do some weird things with her legs out front and slip right out of it.....forever buying the bloody things with a good make and name and they are not cheap at like £16 - £20 and she only 5 months hahahaha ...............i go with the same design as manmat now, but much cheaper from ebay but it is very strong indeed and very well made and has been the best one yet at only £6.....amazing! as shown in signature pic :)

So I bought Adak a harness. Well, actually I bought two. The first one was great and he seemed totally comfortable with it. As soon as I turned my back he chewed through the webbing destroying it. It's amazing how quickly they can chew through them. I had been leaving it on him so he'd be comfortable with it. Seemed fine, until I turned my back. Anyway, I went up and bought another. Funny, he really pulls a LOT less with the harness which seems ironic too me as the harness wouldn't strangle him if he pulled. Anyway, alls good at Adaks house. I'll be rehoming a brand new chewed up harness. Anyone interested?

LOL - what makes did u buy?

lupine are good for chewers - u get a life time chew garuntee

El cheapo brand. 11 bucks. 22 if you count the one in the trash. This brings up a good follow up question. I've really enjoyed walking Adak with this harness. What difference would I discover in a more expensive harness. Would it really have been harder to chew through? Is it actually impossible to chew through?

El cheapo brand. 11 bucks. 22 if you count the one in the trash. This brings up a good follow up question. I've really enjoyed walking Adak with this harness. What difference would I discover in a more expensive harness. Would it really have been harder to chew through? Is it actually impossible to chew through?

i doubt it lol - unless it was leather - wouldnt be hard to chew thru but would probs take abit longer lol

mine only have theirs on when they are out - soon as we get home harnesses are off and put away