Someone tried to poison our dogs

Removed #1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a lil mixed up...cats are the ones that drink antifreeze till they drop. Think dogs are a bit smarter then that, good thing you noticed it though.

You've got that the wrong way round. Cats are generally more careful and less prone to drink unknown/suspicious water. Dogs go for the sweet smell and will drink it up. Cats however would generally be smaller so this makes a difference.

I can tell you from experience it's nasty. We were visiting someone else before when our GSD (as a puppy) got at some anti freeze that had been left somewhere outside. We knew something was up when she started stumbling around in the garden, took her to the vet ASAP and she was put on a drip and pulled through totally fine.

I've heard stories of people leaving it out maliciously or spiking dogs' water, it's so incredibly cruel :(

In your situation I'd be putting up a camera to catch the person, if they did it again. I shudder to think of what I'd do to a person if I caught them trying to poison my dogs.

No updates...

I suppose thats both good and bad....I'm genuinely angry at what happened...and very annoyed that there haven't been any updates as far as anyone having seen anything...

But I'm also greatful that it hasn't been repeated...because to be honest I probably would go all super secret squirrel and start putting up cameras...which would mean that I'd have to buy the cameras...which would also mean that I wouldn't have that money to spend on more important things...