nieghbours!

what can my nieghbour do, i went out and i had crated my dogs due to damage they cause, one broke her crate and went on the rampage indoors pulling bins down from counters, peeing in the bathroom, but the trouble was it set the other 3 off and they were making a racket! i parked up and he is leaning out of his bedroom shouting at me to sort my f....... dogs out or he will sort it he kept saying it time after time as i went up the path!, i did not respond because he is a nasty little man with a nasty attitude what can he do , yes they howl , yes they make a noise if someone comes in they get excited, yes 4 is noisey but not for long trouble was tonight i was out and my son did not come home to let them out as he got caught at work and with one on the loose the others got really screechy! for 3 hours!

I've moved this to the training and behaviour section :)

I would apologise to your neighbour and explain what had happened. As to what he can do - where are you from ? In the uk they can report you to the council and eventually worst case scenario they "could" make you give up the dogs but i don't think your anywhere near that stage so don't panic.

I'd try and get on your neighbours good side first off if possible - but if he's got that sort of attitude it wont be easy :(

he is awful all he does is swear, let his kids scream all day in the garden with them swearing, swearing at my kids in the street, he only rents next door so i am not talking to him as i am a meer woman! my hubby left me so i have no bloke to send round to have a man chat! all i got was you f.....ing this you f......ing that. one dog is my husbands, but she is going la la at the moment since he has gone peeing eveywhere, and laying in it! they are good dogs they make a noise when you come in, or when people visit , they have been responding to some huskys that have moved into the road behind mine which are out a lot and howling and screeching having a howl along session or two! but its only in the morning when they need to go out really that they make a racket or if finn cant get his own way he stands there and screeches till he gets his own way!:(

my neighbours dont like us either ! but thats nothing to do with the dogs! lol

i would push a note through if you cant go and talk to him and explain what happened and apologise

i would also state that dogs do make noise........as do his children!!

if he really is so rude and loud-mouthed,find out who his landlord is and put a complaint in yourself.

good luck:)

sounds like your neighbor isn't the nicest person in the world =/ But I do think u should apologize tho =( Even if so, don't say sorry for everything. Once you said "sorry" and he still swears at you, you can put up a complaint to his landlord or whoever in charge. Bcoz you have apologized! If you have apologized and he's still swearing at you and your dogs it's his fault >.< that's considered Rudeness Lv.100 >=(

Problem with sending a note is CAN HE READ?? what time of day was it? was it after 7AM and before 8-9PM if thats the case and its not everyday and only now and then he cant do a damn thing TBH but as for his foul mouth and not so nice kids i'd have a chat with the police as he's causing a section 5 public order offence ;-) keep a log of everything he does and dates and times if possible

Keep us posted :)

to be honest i wouldn't apologise if he cant ask you nicely then why should you be nice if anything he should be apologising to you if this is how he wants to behave then just act the same back and let the dogs bark and make a racket ( if it was me i would wind my dog up and make her bark just to p**s him off even more lol ) at the end of the day its your house and hes just renting if he threatens you then go straight to the police people like that should be taught a lesson wish i lived closer i would soon sort him out :D haha good luck with it and hope you get something resolved :) xx

Thank you all, to be honest i cant go round , it was after 11pm when i got home! but i will see if jamie will explain to him(he's 19 ) but i have asked him this morning when he came in and he said no bloke was probably banging which would have made it worse he says no as well because bloke is nasty and does not want anything kicking off, just waiting to see who comes round first rspca or the police! they have called the rspca before when i went on holiday and left the dogs at home ......with another of my sons, he said he was underage the 'child' was 18 at the time! if he knocks i will explain but if he starts i will shut the door! thank you for your help guys xxx

appologise - you dont have 2 mean it do you ;)

sorry i dont have any advice - my dogs bark n skyla has the occasionally scream (specially when i crated her) but our neighbours are nice as 1 side has a screaming baby n the other side had 3 dogs that barked n howled all day long when their owners were out

I would apologise to all my other neighbours for the dogs barking but wouldn't apologise to this guy

If possible I would gather video evidence of your neighbours abusive attitude and have a chat with your other neighbours who would've heard the noise as well to see what they say. It seems like your other neighbours didn't have a problem with the dogs barking or they probably would've said something to you by now. If the Police are called you can tell them of the abusive language he directs towards you and he's therefore more likely to get into trouble than you are. IMO Unless your dogs are consistently barking at unsociable times of the day and night there is nothing the authorities can do.

If your neighbour continues to be abusive towards you gather evidence of this and report him to the Police

Hope you can get things sorted soon