i badly need answers

it's my first time to have a dog, he's already 8mo's old when i woke up this morning he was sleeping and the maid told me that he didnt ate his food, i thought he's just on a cleansing process so i just placed water beside him so he can have a sip once in a while for he is just sleeping all day long, awhile ago he started poopin, first two where all fluid in yellow and has a really really foul odor,the maid and i almost vomit, then the following few more poops where all pale red and some really red water like poop, while i'm wiping his butt few drops of red fluid where still coming out, and i'm really scared and worried.

a few weeks ago we changed vet because we noticed his previous vet was over pricing us, always asking for a really unreasonable amount every time our puppy have a simple check up, so when we had his new vet he got his anti heart worm shot, and medication for UTI, he is negative with heartworm, the vet changed his vitamins from his "in-diet supplement for dogs" (its a vit made for tropical climate, and in nuggets form) to Canine Health (supplement). I noticed as well that since he got his anti heart worm shot he had been very peaky with his food he don't wanna eat his diet (solid gold and vitality)

im so worried with the bloody poop happening now, my sister is on her way to the vet with our puppy JACOB and im now looking for answers on the net, can someone enlighten us please. Thank you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best of luck for Jacob =) I hope things go well for him. And btw parvo is contagious. If you have more than one dog in your house, please take your other dog to the vet as well.

oh btw I found a person that has the same problem with her dog here in the net.. you wanna read her conversation with a vet?

http://www.askavetquestion.com/answer_np.php?id=9--woke-up-this-morning-there-diarrhea-all-over-apartment-dog-

Tan J and MyDiamond thanks for the reply.

He's confined now while crying when my sister was about to leave :( My sister almost cried. As of now the vet can't identify the cause his vomiting and pooping of blood, all we know now is that he is negative to parvo. And we'll visit him tomorrow. i'll update you guys soon.

What about rat poison. This can cause a dog to bleed out like that. That is how it kills rats and mice, it thins their blood and they bleed out. Do you have any reason to believe he got into some? Or maybe someone may have tried to intentionally poison him?

Hope he gets better... :(

oh I've another advice (not too helpful tho)... Please don't get too stressed. Just take a deeeeeeep breath and relax. Coz if you're being scared your puppy can read your moods and feel insecure because his pack leader has just shown signs of weakness. You don't want your cute dog to feel bad mentally as well, do you? So calm yourself down, all fingers and paws crossed for you and your pup ^_^

Just read this thread, did you get him checked for hookworm as well? That is something that is confused (and commonly working together with parvo), which is why some of them die when they are treated for parvo, when the they really had both parvo and hookworm, or just hookworm.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2 2090&aid=747

"Hookworms, especially A. caninum can cause severe disease. By feeding on the blood of the host, hookworms can rapidly cause anemia. The mucous membranes e.g., gums, will appear pale, the animal will become weak, and sometimes black, tarry stools can be seen. There may be vomiting and diarrhea. Growth in young animals is stunted, and the hair coat may appear dull and dry. In severe infestations, animals may cough or develop pneumonia as the larvae migrate through the lungs. Animals may become emaciated and eventually die from the infection."

It's about as bad as parvo in my experience. Though still treatable (and probably more treatable)

Trey.

the vet had his stool tested for parvo yesterday,and the result was negative,his temperature was 39.9 degree celsius,he has fresh red blood on the poop and the vet said to examine and test the stool for other possible cause.he asked us several questions as to what has happened a day before the incident.if he has eaten any food from our table.the vet is somewhat sighting food poisoning.the vet said he will have IV fluid therapy and some other anti-biotics to be taken.

@nkientoff i cannot tell,but we do not have rat poison since we just moved in this new building.our housekeeper loves jacob as well.but like i said the vet is sighting food poisoning.

lebe03: thank the informations are very helpful!

Nkientoff: i really do hope he'll be better asap!

mydiamond: thank you for the concern, i miss him around i hope he can be home today :(

TreyRust: thank you so much we will consider that one too.. He's really adorable and gorgeous as he grows, missing him :(

LizJones: yes its hard to guess what they feel when most of the times they just keep silent and will still sometimes play even they are not feeling well.

Paranormal Wolf: thank you so much! I'll be heading to the vet in a while and we'll have more tests and hopefully we'll be able to find out the cause of his sickness.

I appreciate you all, will update everyone soon. Thank you!